NHM Owners! Take a look at this comment about the game.

T3kNi9e

Conquistador
Dec 1, 2007
Augusta, GA
So im thinking of getting this game later on but I still am a bit skeptical. Im very picky in my games and so far most of my games are rated atleast 90 on metacritic. Except for a few cheap games I bought cuz I didn't really care. Anyway, reviews has been pretty decent so far, but still a small amount of them. Anyway I was reading comments on metacritic and someone said:

I really wanted to love this game. I reserved it and picked it up the first day. But, I've played it and I found it to be a huge disappointment. It does have merit. Visually it's great. The story is awesome, as are the characters. But, when it comes down to it, the gameplay is just plan boring. There is very little challenge and almost all the enemies look the same. You push the A button to swing and then it goes into a finishing move where you have to swing the remote in the direction of the arrow on the screen. This is all great fun, until you realize it doesn't really matter which way you wave the remote. You just waggle it, like so many other Wii games and you'll get your finishing move pretty much every time. Then for getting to missions it makes you drive around GTA style, but there is nothing interesting to do in the city. You just drive from place to place and it is completely pointless and boring. The game is worth a rental, but I can't see any reason to buy this game. The reviewers got this one wrong, the game is fun to look at, but overall it gets boring quick. A real bummer.

Now guys, don't go flaming this guy. I just want to know if IN YOUR OPINION, does this guy have a point at all? Because the things he said were some of the things im skeptical about. Im worried that the only fun part maybe killing people and THATS IT. Im asking for complete unbiased opinions... Are the jobs tedious/repetitive? Is fighting easy? Is their nothing really fun to do while in the city?

I prefer people who own mostly great Wii games to answer this, because there's some people who think Mario Party 8 and Red Steel is fun. I don't find those people very credible :/

Okay fire away! I'll be back in the afternoon, maybe around 1pm or 2pm, depending when I wake up :p

Well, I can't comment on the combat, but everything else in that player review was pretty much spot on with the IGN review, the Gamespy review, and another along with tons of player reviews. Here are some objective facts:

1. There are tons of graphical glitches, framerate issues, collision problems, terrible pop-in, etc. (Strangely enough, that player seemed to ignore this stuff).

2. The city is pretty much empty with almost nothing to do in it. Add in all of the graphical issues and you've got a real mess.

3. Now, this one is a bit less objective, but most people seem to report that the "odd jobs" do get tedious and repetitive.

I'd say rent it and check it out for yourself. You might be able to overlook all of the many shortcomings and get into the story, which is supposed to be good, as well as the combat.

Atomheart said:
Well, I can't comment on the combat, but everything else in that player review was pretty much spot on with the IGN review, the Gamespy review, and another along with tons of player reviews. Here are some objective facts:

1. There are tons of graphical glitches, framerate issues, collision problems, terrible pop-in, etc. (Strangely enough, that player seemed to ignore this stuff).

2. The city is pretty much empty with almost nothing to do in it. Add in all of the graphical issues and you've got a real mess.

3. Now, this one is a bit less objective, but most people seem to report that the "odd jobs" do get tedious and repetitive.

I'd say rent it and check it out for yourself. You might be able to overlook all of the many shortcomings and get into the story, which is supposed to be good, as well as the combat.

Again, I don't recall reading it had tons of graphical glitches and framerate issues anywhere. More exaggerations..

City has nothing really to do?..alright but you can drive around to stores and shops still (Sword Upgrade shop, Gym etc.) and find clothes in dumpsters and what not. So its not completely empty.

But for a game to have "tons" of graphical issues and framerate issues..critics and users alike seem to feel the same way about the game giving it a score of 8.8 respectively. Meaning this game is good.

I plan on buying this game, but need to wait for the delay here in Canada as they had to put French in the manuals or something. :lol: Jan 31st is when it is available here.

i bought this game on launch
and it's still an amazing game to me.
it seems like it will be pretty short. but it's still a game i'm glad i have in my collection. Variety is the key!
and there is definately no game out there like No More Heroes
I hope the sequel comes soon!

Atomheart said:

graphics shouldnt be an issue, gameplay>graphics, they mean nothing.

^ i agree. framerates dont bother me unless its a FPS game.

The guy doesn't even talk about a huge part of the game, fighting the assassins. I read comments about how insanely difficult boss battles can be and then see this noob complain about the "easiness" of the henchmen. How far in the game did this guy even go?

Try the game yourself though. No More Heroes isn't going to appeal to everyone and this is an example of the game not being to appeal to him. Personally, I have seen nothing but praise for the gameplay and most people don't care about the technical issues.

Sovieto said:
graphics shouldnt be an issue, gameplay>graphics, they mean nothing.

I beg to differ. I will agree that graphics that are less than beautiful are certainly acceptable when the gameplay is great (e.g., the Wii can be just as fun as the 360 even though the graphics are lower quality). But graphical issues that are indicitive of lack of polish are not. These problems (i.e., unstable framerate, horrible pop-in, collision problems, etc.) are abound in NMH.

This is not a simple case of less than stellar graphics.

How many people actually own the game? Seems like most people have just read reviews despite all the hype that was around here.

I know CantGetaWii said its delayed in canada so he's waiting.

But everyone else seems to point out what they have read. Ive read them too, but I want to know about personal experience.

Also some people say SMG isnt that easy, same with RE4 and I found SMG to be extremely easy and RE4 to be moderately easy.

well i live in canada also and i didnt even know it was delayed. i was planning on getting it on wednesday.

NMH is a great game, I'm only about 2 hours into it and I have enjoyed every minute of it. As for the framerate? Who cares, its not a 360 or PS3, if the game was on those systems I could see it being a problem. The graphics are unique and make the game great. The bosses get tougher as the game progesses too. I'm currently ranked 8th, and that chic was tough to beat! She killed me 2 times before I mastered her.

thas said:
^ i agree. framerates dont bother me unless its a FPS game.

Graphics aren't everything to me but smooth game play is.

I mean if the frame rate issues are frequent and get in way of game it would put be off deeply.

Back