NHM Owners! Take a look at this comment about the game.

Cpt.McCloud said:
Graphics aren't everything to me but smooth game play is.

I mean if the frame rate issues are frequent and get in way of game it would put be off deeply.

if you didnt know, framerates are a part of graphics. i believe this game runs at 60 frames and it loojks like it rarely goes down that much.

60fps is what games usually aim for. You will ge smooth gameplay

For anyone who thinks framerate means nothing, it does :/ You would be suprised how much of a different it makes.

It really has nothing to do with Wii/360/PS3, framerate always matters. But as long as its not that bad it doesn't usually brother people.

thas said:
if you didnt know, framerates are a part of graphics. i believe this game runs at 60 frames and it loojks like it rarely goes down that much.

I know what fr is and yes even though the rate is high it could still struggle at that and slip up a lot.
--
I haven't seen much real game play from the game that went retail so I haven't seen the frame rate.
--
Side note; anyone know what engine this is running on?

Cpt.McCloud said:
Side note; anyone know what engine this is running on?

what do you mean by what engine. is there a name or something? also 30 frames per second is also pretty common, i doubt no more heroes drops all the way under 30, so it shouldnt be that bad.

thas said:
what do you mean by what engine. is there a name or something? also 30 frames per second is also pretty common, i doubt no more heroes drops all the way under 30, so it shouldnt be that bad.

Regardless of FR issues could happen and slip ups.

Games are made upon an engine so yes there is a name. An example is the Havoc engine in 'logans shadow' on the psp.

Cpt.McCloud said:
Regardless of FR issues could happen and slip ups.

Games are made upon an engine so yes there is a name. An example is the Havoc engine in 'logans shadow' on the psp.

well i knew there was an engine but didnt know they had names. i have no idea where you would find the names of theses engines.

thas said:
well i knew there was an engine but didnt know they had names. i have no idea where you would find the names of theses engines.

Well, do you know if it is the same engine as killer7 or a modified or a new engine designed for no more heroes?

Cpt.McCloud said:
Well, do you know if it is the same engine as killer7 or a modified or a new engine designed for no more heroes?

sorry i wish i knew. i dont think its the same engine as killer7 though, this engine can do more. it could be modified.but for a game that is completely cel shaded, i dont blame it for its frame drops.

g4tv gave it a 5/5 its the first video thats on there when you type no more heroes i suggest you go check it out.

(warning: i read 1/2 of the first page and stopped, there are a bunch of threads on this game and i'm just too lazy to read this whole thing, but the OP has a pretty new concern so that's what i'm responding to, sorry if someone already mentioned this).

I'm now at the number 5 rated assassin mission, and to a point i agree with the comment you posted. It does generally take one or 2 hits before the death blow for an enemy and that's it... at first. Through the first 2-3 ranked battles the drones are pretty simple, and don't get me wrong so far they haven't got much more complex to beat however they did get better at fighting back. Also later in the game they have more of a tendency to attack you in a group so if you're attacking on person you can't block they guy shooting at you from behind. Just like the ranked "bosses" the "drones" A.I. does proggressively get better the further you advance through the game. the person who made the comment isn't wrong, they probably just played through the first or second boss and made their decision. And especially for the grapple moves it definitely makes a difference for which way you move the wiimote/nunchuck.
the city itself is a bit boring, but there are a few things to do/find, so it isn't like a wasteland of nothingness aside from the missions/jobs. Do the jobs get tedious? yeah sometimes if you have to do one a couple times to for the money, but if you rotate which jobs you do generally it hasn't been an issue for me.
Does the game have horrible glitches as far as graphics/framerate? no. does it have any? yes, there are some glitches with framerate and graphics, but i haven't encountered any that actually make a difference as far as game play... except for some annoying pop-ins, but even they don't generally matter much. there are collectibles called lovitov(sp? i'm not at home, so sorry if it's spelt wrong) balls, if you play the game you'll understand they're purpose, but for these you have to get kind of close to them for them to pop-in. So sometimes you'll ride you're motorcycle past a place and never see it, but then you ride down the alley and midway through it pops on screan and you can get it. slightly annoying but only if you're looking for them anyway, and there is a katana upgrade which makes this a non-issue(play the game and you'll know what i mean within an hour(ish))

i think that covers everything.

all in all i feel that the game was worth my $50. and really that's all that matters. if you're worried, rent it, but then if you buy it you end up paying ~$5 extra.

kyle

it all boils down to personal taste. i've just finished another 2 hours of gameplay with it. I bought it Saturday night, and am currently #6. I wish I could play all the time, but I have to go to the store and to work and all that junk.

I give the game 100000 out of 10 so far!

Still not buying or renting this title. Reviews + no interest to this style of game. You adopters enjoy yourselves...... Just not for me............

Back