Ninstation...The twin everyone forgot...Till now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
you may not see it as advertising but it still is. you're advertising an outside site.
Because, you know, this site is being managed so well that everyone should just ride this dead horse over the cliff.

People have two choices: dance around with their fingers in their ears like nothing is wrong until the domain stops working for like the third time this year and the site disappears for days/permanently, or try to coordinate with each other a new locale so they can retain some semblance of the community they've spent so long building.

and for the record, this is the first time i ever heard of ninstation
Well you probably weren't connected to the other people via Facebook or IM. When WiiChat crashed in January, there were only the non-Wiichat means of networking to get the word out. If you weren't somehow linked to the other people, there was no way for you to hear about it. And with the advertising rules, you're not going to tend to hear about it here. ;)

I had hopped on Facebook and emailed the people in the Facebook WiiChat groups, as well as the few people who had added me personally. I also IMed the people I had on IM, which included mostly mods here. Those people in-turn contacted the people they had ways to get in-touch with, and so on... and it went from there. Unfortunately it was only possible to get in-touch with a tiny percentage of WiiChat users that way... but almost 50 people signed up that one week, with over 30,000 page views.

15. Competing Sites
I read all over those rules and couldn't find the one that applied to how to handle things when the admin vanishes and hasn't been heard from for half a year and the site is going down the toilet. Lacking an official contingency plan, people are left to fend for themselves.

Breaking and entering is illegal too, but if the boat is sinking and the captain already abandoned ship and the keys to the lifeboats are locked in his cabin, screw the rules.

LAWL... GPole....epic fail.
Aw, you should be nice to him, considering you have an account there and posted over 30 times before you left. ;)

I'm still annoyed Ninstation has an edited version of the logo I made, which looks rancid now!
Not any more. It was changed last month.

I'm gonna head over and see what this Ninstation place is about and give it a shot. If it has better organization than Wiichat, then I may go over there. And the fact that these kinds of threads (and clan promotion threads, and all other illegal threads) tend to stick around for about 4-6 eternities is truely a testament to how bad the moderation is here. Thank you :)
Glad to see you stopped by. Hope to see you there again... it's been hopping lately. Activity in June exploded and already July's activity is about to surpass June's.

The forum there is actually moderated and kept under-control. More mods will be added once necessary... something not possible at WiiChat since i0n is the only one who can create mods, and virtually no existing mods com here anymore.

LOL... One Nintendo based forum that doesnt even discuss Nintendo stuff is enough for me.
Well you'll find that there is mostly talk about Nintendo stuff there. ;) Unlike this forum, where even the admin wasn't particularly into the Wii, ironically (his XBox360 site has gone even more into the shitter).

*Looks at date of thread*

NECRO POSTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a lot of respect for those who are loyal. But wiichat is a pretty depressing place these days. Change is inevitable.

[DS]Leader;1041230 said:
Habbo tends to do that and I'm surprised u know about it!!!! i always go on it
I have been part of a pools closed party on a few occasions.

PROTIP-
Get four people to block the door

Im tired of these new forums. Im staying here wether its dying or not. Its all gonna end the same any way :(
All it does is look like another cheap wiichat.com.

Last edited:
Im tired of these new forums. Im staying here wether its dying or not. Its all gonna end the same any way :(
All it does is look like another cheap wiichat.com.

A cheap imitation of a dying forum?

If this site is dieing why copy it.
Hardly a "copy". Heaven forbid people might still want some of the same section topics. "OMG there's a Lounge, and an Online section! IT'S JUST A WIICHAT CLONE OH NOESSSS!!!11111"

More importantly, there are a number of differences. I'll mention a few:

• Audio/video section, for people to discuss configuration and tech without it being necessarily game-specific
  • Entirely different forum software, instead of just being Yet Another vBulletin Forum
  • Buy & Sell forum, with a feedback and ranking system. Something people here had asked for for years
  • A Homebrew forum (for legal topics)
  • News that's not half a year old
  • A calendar for game release dates and member birthdays
  • A Google-maps based member map, so you can see where everyone is from
  • Online chat
  • Online chess
  • No spam
  • An admin

If you don't like the theme, no worries. It'll be changing soon enough.

WiiChat is dying not for what it is, but for what it lacks.

Surely that would also be sealing its fate?
On the contrary. July's stats are already surpassing those from January, when there was no WiiChat and everyone was going there.

Whoa
Ease up dood.

If I was dissing your site id do it a bit differently. (and do a raid on it)

But I did not

Whoa
Ease up dood.

If I was dissing your site id do it a bit differently. (and do a raid on it)

But I did not
Oh I know. I've seen you enough here over the years to know your style. :) I know you didn't mean it that way, but I felt like responding for the sake of anyone else reading. If I was attacking you back, I'd do it a bit differently too. ;)

Actually, your name has come up there several times over the year, recently in-regards to the Anime & Manga section that was set up.

You've always been welcome to stop by... hopefully not in "raid" form. ;)

Cheers...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back