Nintendo 2008 Predictions

CantGetAWii

WiiChat Member
Dec 22, 2006
WiiChat
Wii Online Code
3099-0319-5478-2979
The Wii will be easy to obtain by May, 2008

Currently, the Wii is still getting the royal treatment of being the console on every family’s list. While we do not expect this to change, we do expect it to die down a bit. At the current time, retailers are receiving small shipments of the Wii consoles pretty much weekly. If you are serious about getting your hands on one, you should have to wait no more than a week if you track retailer shipments. However, not everyone can do this, as a large majority of us have lives and must work to survive.
We predict that no later than April, you will begin to see the Wii system on store shelves on a regular basis. Production should catch up with demand and the little Wii that could will now be accessible to the general public.

Nintendo will release a new IP

With the success of Nintendo’s Wii taking the world by storm, it is only natural that the company continue in the footsteps of innovation. Since the launch of the console, Nintendo has released all but two of their major in house franchises, leaving the system no where to go. Our prediction is that Nintendo will release a new franchise, along the lines of Mario or Zelda, that will help carry the system through its remaining life span. This prediction is pretty much guaranteed as without something new, the system will surely face heavy scrutiny and possibly seek an early demise.

Third Parties will continue to produce crap for another year

It is no secret that third party developers have not been up to par on the Wii. It seems the console has become a dumping station for titles that look like they were designed by monkeys, literally. We expect this to continue through 2008 with only the occasional break through title, which as of late, is only being done by Capcom with their Resident Evil series. 2009 should be a stellar year for the system. With 2 years of practice under their belts, developers should have found a way to utilize the technology to produce some truly fun games again, as has always been relevant on Nintendo consoles.

No price drop until mid/late 2009

With sales running steady for nearly 18 months, we do not see a price drop on the system any time soon. In fact, we expect that the system will remain amongst the $250 price range until mid to late 2009, when Nintendo releases a new DS, as well as announces their next system.
Gamers will disappointed, grandma and grandpa will be thrilled.
This time around, Nintendo has not hidden the fact they are catering to a new group of gamers, referred to as ‘casual’. In doing so, Nintendo has began to phase out standard gaming to cater to this new market. While there are a small handful of games available that would please any gamer, we do not expect this to continue in the life of the Wii. Look for the system to become the Wal-Mart of gaming, allowing affordable games that the general public will find interesting, not necessarily gamers.

How long will it last?

We don’t forsee the Wii going away any time soon. It has certainly found a niche market and is taking it head on. However, without the help of major game releases over the next few years, who knows what will happen. We expect the Wii to stand tall well into 2011.

Source

Sorry, I've been meaning to say this for sometime...

But are like 99% of your posts, other people's ideas/comments that you have simply quoted?

Why not post your own ideas, instead of trolling the Internet and posting all the stuff you find here...?

because for some of us that arent a**holes appreciate it. :yesnod:

Last edited:
very accurate predictions right there, new franchises are the fountain youth of the wii and they need it cause the old franchises are aging

If Nintendo is abandoning "Pro (Hardcore) Gamers" then im going to start giving Microsoft my money instead...Ninty has had MORE than enough time to get serious..

Haz said:
Sorry, I've been meaning to say this for sometime...

But are like 99% of your posts, other people's ideas/comments that you have simply quoted?

Why not post your own ideas, instead of trolling the Internet and posting all the stuff you find here...?

Well I appreciate the research and math you have done regarding me. 99% of my posts being Source related is a bit much, considering most of my posts are normal ones.

Anyways, I don't like including my ideas right after I post something like that, I like to wait for other people to weigh in then I share my thoughts after. Plus I don't see whats wrong with sharing things either..

I do think Wii's will be more available by May, or late April. April was what Nintendo was aiming for at least.

Rumors regarding a new IP surfaced last year, I just hope something good comes from it. Even if they don't I would be set on a new Starfox, Donkey Kong and F-Zero game, along with Pikmin and a new Zelda.

Not sure about third parties producing "crap" for another year. Developers last year near the end mentioned they would focus more on their games, and good games tend to take a year or so to make, around that time frame anyways. So I was thinking more near the end of this year, or early next. I guess its almost a year, but there will be good games before mid/late 2009 for sure.

I agree 100% with the price drop prediction, I think that one was a safe bet.

I see the Wii lasting till 2011 as well, there's just no signs now (or in the future so far) of it slowing down.

No way.
You guys really buy that all of 2008 will be a crappy dumping-ground on the Wii for 3rd party developers?
And "only until 2009" when developers have had enough time to "figure out" the Wii, and how to make it "fun"?
That sounds ridiculous.
So does Nintendo "announcing their next system" in 2009...
That's next year you realize?

This is just silly...

This year goes to Nintendo again. Sony and Microsoft need to get their butts in gear. This year you price drop the most (without complicated catches like hard drives and XBL sold seperatly), or lose the most. Game Developers are also feeling the burn from losing tens of millions of dollars, on over budget games that aren't selling enough.

The benefit this year is we'll see small companies grow, and large companies shrink. That means more new games, more competition, and lower prices. It should be another good year for gamers.

Back