Nintendo 64 FPS's

PersianCowboy

WiiChat Member
Nov 28, 2006
Oklahoma City
Wii Online Code
6258-4013-0776-5311
I wouldn't mind some of the Nintendo 64's First Person Shooters, like Quake 64 and Duke Nukem 3d. This could help sustain our craving for Fps's on the Wii until Metroid hits shelves.

Those square faces were the best! Game scared me tho, idk why haha.

Seeing as i missed PD and Goldeneye first time around i'd love to play them on the Virtual Console.. went out and bought a Classic Controller today. :)

Goldeneye.

I mean come on, it was one of the best games on the system. 4 player on man with the golden gun was classic.

Okay, owned the 64 from launch through the launch of the Cube...but Goldeneye passed me buy. These days I hear it mentioned in hush tones with the reverence of prayer in an Easter Sunday catholic mass. What WAS so great about Goldeneye that made it one of the classic shooters in it's era?

ScuzzBuster said:
Okay, owned the 64 from launch through the launch of the Cube...but Goldeneye passed me buy. These days I hear it mentioned in hush tones with the reverence of prayer in an Easter Sunday catholic mass. What WAS so great about Goldeneye that made it one of the classic shooters in it's era?

1) It was a brilliantly used movie license, with excellent recreations of all of the GoldenEye environments.
2) Nicely laid out mission objectives
3) Degree of difficulty (007 difficulty was brutally hard to finish and is to date probably my best video game accomplishment)
4) Wicked 4-player mode.

yea i remember when i was in High School and me and my friends would all run home after school to play 4 player goldeneye :D I would love to see that and perfect dark. I'd pay for both in a heart beat lol

There was someone that was using the Source engine (HL2) to recreate Goldeneye ono the computer. It looked amazing... I wonder how it's coming along. Haven't checked into it in forever.

Back