Nintendo accused of holding back Wii stock

i0n

:eek:
Apr 30, 2006
UK
[xFLOAT=left]http://www.wiichat.com/news-images/wii-console.jpg[/xFLOAT]Dan DeMatteo CCO of GameStop has accused Nintendo of deliberately holding back its stock of Wii consoles. During a conference call following the release of fourth quarter sales, DeMatteo stated that he believes that because Nintendo had reached its targets for the 2006 fiscal year, it held back stock to boost performance in Q1 of 2007.

"This is just my opinion – I think they intentionally dried up supply because they made their numbers for the year. Their new year starts April 1 and I think we're going to see supply flowing," he said.

DeMatteo revealed that GameStop is now receiving its stock allocations for April and reveals he does not expect to see such crippling shortages in the coming months.

"Next week we get our first allocations of Wii and DS and we are quite pleased with those numbers. We are concerned about the dryness here in March, but it looks like April is going to be good," commented DeMatteo.

Link: http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=23825

I heard about this a couple of days ago, old news for me

GaryT85 said:
yeah good for you...... maybe everyone else hasnt? :frown2:

Indeed. Perhaps this is a ray of hope for those still on the Wii Hunt.

Oh dear

GaryT85 said:
yeah good for you...... maybe everyone else hasnt? :frown2:

Its a shame i have to say it but , IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT.
I feel better now :yesnod:

Interesting ideal but couldnt it also be that Nintendo saw the popularity and shifted their manufacturing. I mean it was more than they expected, I've worked as an engineering in a manufacturing company and you can't just instantly increase production like that, it takes time. It's very possible that they began increasing producting in January/Febuary but stores and purchasers would not see the effects until around now.

If it is true and they've been holidng back the stock as a business desicion it's a decent idea. Either way, more wii's coming is win.

Ooh, big scary corporate business tactics.
Honestly, how can anyone be surprised that any corporation might hold stock to boost stats. Besides, it's not like they have to sell the ones they make.

Yeah, if the first wave of Wiis is like the first PS2s (breaking after 2 years), I'm in trouble.

Gymdawg said:
Ooh, big scary corporate business tactics.
Honestly, how can anyone be surprised that any corporation might hold stock to boost stats. Besides, it's not like they have to sell the ones they make.
>.> yea!:yesnod: whos surprised!? :scared:

but its still good news for ppz who dont have wiis and bad news for ppz who gruelingly had to wait outside for wiis

Back