Nintendo America: No Wii Hardrives

Isn't this the reason why the Wii version of GH3 doesn't get downloadable content? Lack of storage space?

As long as they make use of the SD cards it'll be fine. A single 2gb SD card should last even the most avid VC people 3 years. I backed up all my NES, SNES games to hard drive years ago, and they barely take up 500mb (Backing up what you already own is legal). I'll buy more N64 VC if they implement SD cards (N64 games are huge). Otherwise I might sit that out until the next console.

Budo said:
Isn't this the reason why the Wii version of GH3 doesn't get downloadable content? Lack of storage space?
I think this is the reason no Wii games have downloadable content...

iOwnage said:
I think this is the reason no Wii games have downloadable content...

In Elebits/Eledees, you can make your own levels and send them to your friends. That's a form of downloadable content. SSBB will do the same thing and let you store them to SD cards. Also, ExciteTruck can play MP3 music off an SD card during the game, so that shows that it's possible for a game to read data directly from an SD card during gameplay. So the various pieces for downloadable content and playing from an SD card are partially there, Nintendo just needs to flesh all that out a bit better.

Skippy said:
In Elebits/Eledees, you can make your own levels and send them to your friends. That's a form of downloadable content. SSBB will do the same thing and let you store them to SD cards. Also, ExciteTruck can play MP3 music off an SD card during the game, so that shows that it's possible for a game to read data directly from an SD card during gameplay. So the various pieces for downloadable content and playing from an SD card are partially there, Nintendo just needs to flesh all that out a bit better.
I'm talking about downloading extra game content that can be downloaded off of WiiWare. But it seems there making that for games that gamers make.

I'm talking about extra stuff that can be used in the game that is actually made by the developers. Like on Xbox Live (sorry to bring 360 up). But you're right. It is a form of downloadable content, but it seems Nintendo is too lazy to make it themselves.

Actually I heard you might patch VC games in the future with Wiiware. Perhaps extra levels, or even a patch for some cheat codes, Nintendo said Wiiware will extend on VC features. Some changes have already been added to many VC games. Kid Icarus codes don't work on the Wii version.

I hope they reconsider. This could be a very bad thing for Ninty. If they don't offer a WHD (Wii HDD) soon or ever, then we won't be able to get any patches for games that need fixed.... cough cough. Not to mention we will just have to forget about any games with downloadable content. Granted there are games that will offer "content" to download but if you have the internal memory full, you will either have to have available space on an SD card or get more SD cards.

Hmmm maybe that is what they want. To make us buy more SD cards. That will suck trying to change from one to another just to play a different song on GH3 or go through multiple SD cards to find the song you want.

</vent>

Back