Nintendo Bein Sued!!!

Bliss

WiiChat Member
Aug 28, 2007
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
Well looks like Nintendo wasnt the first company to come out with there wiimote..a California-based Interlink electronics has already had this product copyrighted since 2005...the California-based Interlink calls there remote the "Trigger Operated Electronic Device." ...looks like things can get messy.

ARTICLE

This article was written in December of 2006...and is obviously not a big deal at all, since a year has passed and we've heard nothing else.

Check the date on your "big announcement" next time.

sarasota said:
This article was written in December of 2006...and is obviously not a big deal at all, since a year has passed and we've heard nothing else.

Check the date on your "big announcement" next time.

well if u ever dealt with the courts and the legal system u know it can take up to 6yrs just to have this thing settled

Of course it can, but the article mentions "taking the system off the market", things of that nature....if this was real and still going on, I think that would be the big story right now, not the phenomenal sales, SSBB coming out soon, etc. etc.

We've heard virtually nothing about this since this article, so really I don't think this is going to be an issue at all.

AND here is a more recent article for u people

Nintendo Sued For Patent Infringement, Again
Last week in the Federal District Court in Tyler, Lonestar Inventions LP sued Nintendo for patent infringement. Lonestar claims that the Wii uses Lonestar’s patented structure of lining up capacitors in parallel conducting strips. Lonestar has apparently sued other companies for patent infringement (including Texas Instruments and Broadcom) and negotiated licence agreements with each of them.

Just last year Nintendo was sued by Interlink Electronics, Inc. for allegedly violating one of Interlink's patents in the design of the Wii's controller. And there have been plenty other patent lawsuits in the gaming industry lately, including Paltalk's suit against Microsoft regarding Xbox Live, Red Octane's suit against Ant Commandos regarding wireless guitar controllers, and of course Immersion won a $91 million judgment against Sony regarding the force feedback feature of Sony’s Dual Shock Controllers.

Lonestar coverage here (Toronto Star).

Posted Sat, 16 June 2007 12:33:00 EDT by Chris Bennett

although it is a different company

LINK

ya, sorry this is way toooo old, i think we would have heard of something happening by now if it was really going somewhere.

dont post old news

if you can find a newer one you may get people more interested in this

EDIT: my bad, i just saw the new article
nice find

this is probably nothing, companies with successful products get sued all the time and it usually never goes though. If anything this probably is just patient-squatting company with a really broad patient.

Yeah this new one isn't much either, seeing as the company (Lonestar) is apparently sue-happy and has done this on more than one occassion before......good find anyway, but I wouldn't worry much about it.

These sort of things are pretty common. I think all the video game companies have been sued by multiple people each generation of systems. If anyone has antyhing even remotely similar they call their lawyer. It almost always ends going nowhere.

Every time a company starts to become popular or profitable, some US company sues them. Copyright infringement is a very difficult thing to prove, and especially with the first one which seems more IP only. The second one is difficult to say because I don't know what the IP is from the company and what the actual physical layout of the wiimote is (and I don't know how you can patent the use of parallel capacitors with a conductor strip)

I remember the original link being posted before...
I believe Nintendo had the 'trigger' button on the N64 (Z button) before the other company did :thumbsup:
:O Counter-sue? xP

calm yourself - this is old news and nothing new has come from it.

There was a topic on this last year, so if you searched first you might of found it.

As for the updated news, well it doesn't tell us anything new does it.

Look how long it took for Sony to get done for their theft of the rumble technology in their controller - bloody years!

Haz said:
calm yourself - this is old news and nothing new has come from it.

There was a topic on this last year, so if you searched first you might of found it.

As for the updated news, well it doesn't tell us anything new does it.

Look how long it took for Sony to get done for their theft of the rumble technology in their controller - bloody years!

relax buddy...i didnt know about and it seems neither did anyone who posted...so calm urself

Bliss said:
relax buddy...i didnt know about and it seems neither did anyone who posted...so calm urself
i am calm..... you are the one who put all the !!!!! after the topic title.

Back