Nintendo Clarifies 'No Full DS Games for Download'

strommsarnac said:
I don't see the poin of using the Wii as an "inbetween" for DS downloads. It's not like the Wii has enough space for this to be a storage base.

What's the point of the DS having to connect through the Wii and then the Wii connect to the WiFi router and then to the Net? Why not just update the DS so it can get demo's off the Net directly (or does it already?)?

All the Wii does is act as a supplier really, assuming your already connected to the net, you choose download demo on the screen on your Wii console. It then sends a signal to a Ds where you then choose download. Downloads and you play it, simple really. No storage needed.

Ya i posted an article a day or two ago about downloading full games. I guess the news got it wrong.

I figured as much...

I really couldn't see Nintendo selling blank carts, or allowing micro-SDs to be used with an adapter. It just doesn't go along with Nintendo's philosophy of not allowing unintended software on their hardware.

Not really disappointed because I don't own a DS but still slightly for others and the fact that it's one less feature to the Wii.

CantGetAWii said:
All the Wii does is act as a supplier really, assuming your already connected to the net, you choose download demo on the screen on your Wii console. It then sends a signal to a Ds where you then choose download. Downloads and you play it, simple really. No storage needed.

So other than "bragging", what's the point? Why not just update the DS so it can download directly?

This "feature" seems rather like if I wanted to go test drive a car, I'd first have to buy a flatbed tow-truck, drive that to the dealer, put the car on the truck, drive home, then back the car off and drive it. Why can't we just drive the car off the lot for our test drive? :)

Back