Nintendo Cleans up IGN's Top100 Games of All Time

En4Neo said:
No Super Mario Bros. 3 or Galaxy in the top 10 = fail

I don't see why IGN feels the need to do this over and over, it's as if their current opinion of which games are the best is a lie.

Also princess peach is hot.

Cappin' points and jaw drops

Well well well, if it isn't Neo:yesnod:

Welcome back.

-----

I don't have problems with IGN its Gamespot which is a mess imo, then gametrailers blows them both away:lol:

Why is Super Metroid up there? It's certainly OK, but there are MANY, MANY, MANY far better games, especially if you're including PC games. Heck, I'm honestly surprised to see so many console games up there. They must have a limit on the number of PC games or something.

Full run down
100. Archon: The Light and the Dark
99. Rayman 2: The Great Escape
98. Quake II
97. Silent Hill 2
96. Wave Race 64
95. Bionic Commando
94. NiGHTS into Dreams...
93. Ultima VII: The Black Gate
92. WipEout 3
91. Pilotwings
90. Okami
89. Alone in the Dark
88. Star Wars (Atari)
87. Advance Wars
86. Perfect Dark
85. Mafia
84. Maniac Mansion: Day of the Tentacle
83. World of Warcraft
82. Syndicate
81. Space Invaders
80. Ninja Gaiden Black
79. Secret of Mana
78. The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
77. Star Fox
76. Final Fantasy VII
75. GoldenEye 007
74. Sam & Max Hit the Road
73. Resident Evil
72. MechWarrior 2
71. Planescape: Torment
70. Tecmo Bowl
69. Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
68. Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
67. Mega Man 2
66. Burnout 3: Takedown
65. Thief II: The Metal Age
64. Total Annihilation
63. Virtua Fighter 4: Evolution
62. Wolfenstein 3-D
61. Phantasy Star IV
60. Prince of Persia
59. Command & Conquer: Red Alert
58. Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!
57. ICO
56. NHL '94
55. Final Fantasy II
54. Contra
53. Rome: Total War
52. Dune II: The Building of a Dynasty
51. Sonic the Hedgehog
50. Super Smash Bros.
49. Guitar Hero II
48. Shining Force II
47. God of War
46. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2
45. Battlefield 1942
44. Panzer Dragoon Saga
43. Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn
42. The Legend of Zelda
41. Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
40. Gran Turismo 3 A-spec
39. Super Mario Bros. 3
38. Final Fantasy Tactics
37. Pokémon Blue Version
36. Grim Fandango
35. Grand Theft Auto III
34. Deus Ex
33. Fallout
32. Halo: Combat Evolved
31. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
30. Metroid Prime
29. Dragon Warrior
28. Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness
27. Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic
26. Half-Life
25. SimCity 2000
24. Street Fighter II: The World Warrior
23. Super Mario Kart
22. System Shock 2
21. X-COM: UFO Defense
20. Metal Gear Solid
19. Doom
18. Chrono Trigger
17. Super Mario World
16. Shadow of the Colossus
15. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
14. Pirates! (1987)
13. Ms. Pac-Man
12. Star Wars: TIE Fighter (Collector's CD-ROM)
11. StarCraft
10. Resident Evil 4
9. Final Fantasy III (US)
8. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
7. Super Metroid
6. Half-Life 2
5. Super Mario 64
4. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
3. Civilization II
2. Tetris
1. Super Mario Bros.

Why is the first mario no 1?

LOL Shining force 2, Phantasy star 4 and Panzer dragoon saga beating ff7

http://ps2.ign.com/objects/497/497456.html

No F*CKIN Way this is based on rating! This is probably more on sells than anything becuase FF7 isn't first.

Looks like a ****ed up list. Tetris was a classic and fun game, but its in no way shape or form better than God of War, wtf people need to be real. They are stuck in the past n ****. Mass Effect is better than almost all those games.

Even so, most of the top 10 really are good and gj to nintendeo. To bad Wii doesnt have anything in top 10. I guess thats why Wii is 3rd place in software sales.

T3kNi9e said:
Looks like a ****ed up list. Tetris was a classic and fun game, but its in no way shape or form better than God of War, wtf people need to be real. They are stuck in the past n ****. Mass Effect is better than almost all those games.

Even so, most of the top 10 really are good and gj to nintendeo. To bad Wii doesnt have anything in top 10. I guess thats why Wii is 3rd place in software sales.

You need to bare in mind more aspects then your opinion, some of these games got us to where we are today. They have helped the industry in numerous ways and pushed us forward.

No, some people need to stop being stupid and be realistic. Thats like saying a Wagon with an OX pulling it is better than a Ferrari. Just because its a old game that was a classic and is still a fun ARCADE type game. Doesnt make it better than todays games. Give a kid who's never played console games. Give him Tetris, give him God of War (atleast age 10 so he can know how to play) They will say God of War is better. Stop being naive, these people are just reliving their past and remember how much fun a "revolutionary" game was. Hell I had all the fun in the world playing Zelda when I was 11, but im not stupid enough to think its better than Mass Effect.

they were talking about final fantasy 6...it was called 3 in the US when released on the SNES. and yes it does deserve the spot it has.

its funny how fans of true final fantasy games despise number 7. I hated it. its nothing compared to 6.

T3kNi9e said:
No, some people need to stop being stupid and be realistic. Thats like saying a Wagon with an OX pulling it is better than a Ferrari. Just because its a old game that was a classic and is still a fun ARCADE type game. Doesnt make it better than todays games. Give a kid who's never played console games. Give him Tetris, give him God of War (atleast age 10 so he can know how to play) They will say God of War is better. Stop being naive, these people are just reliving their past and remember how much fun a "revolutionary" game was. Hell I had all the fun in the world playing Zelda when I was 11, but im not stupid enough to think its better than Mass Effect.

These games are classics and have revolutionized the industry, without some of those games we would not have mass effect.

You are basically saying the newer the better, does that mean that your kids are better then you or that your next movement is better then your last?

Bridgemute said:
they were talking about final fantasy 6...it was called 3 in the US when released on the SNES. and yes it does deserve the spot it has.

its funny how fans of true final fantasy games despise number 7. I hated it. its nothing compared to 6.

Tactics beat 7
YAY for grid based combat
Where the hells Disgaea ?

Cpt.McCloud said:
These games are classics and have revolutionized the industry, without some of those games we would not have mass effect.

You are basically saying the newer the better, does that mean that your kids are better then you or that your next movement is better then your last?

No... but Tetris is one of the most linear games out there. There is only 1 purpose and all youre playing for is score. While a game like God of War for example has a good storyline and gameplay.

For example, Zelda Ocarina of Time was a great game, great story, great gameplay.

But Mass Effect also is a great game, with a GREAT story, and great gameplay. Notice im not talking anything about graphics. The gameplay of it is better, the story is waaay better. Its like comparing Toy Story to Star Wars.

Stop being an idiot, ill believe Tetris is better when they sell both God of War and Tetris for $50.00 each, I want to see what sells better.

T3kNi9e said:
No... but Tetris is one of the most linear games out there. There is only 1 purpose and all youre playing for is score. While a game like God of War for example has a good storyline and gameplay.

For example, Zelda Ocarina of Time was a great game, great story, great gameplay.

But Mass Effect also is a great game, with a GREAT story, and great gameplay. Notice im not talking anything about graphics. The gameplay of it is better, the story is waaay better. Its like comparing Toy Story to Star Wars.

Stop being an idiot, ill believe Tetris is better when they sell both God of War and Tetris for $50.00 each, I want to see what sells better.

That is ludacris, for their time these games were the God Of War of their day.

The gameplay may not be 'amazing' and the story may be non existent yet it was a highly addictive and popular game and helped raise video game awareness, it is a 'god', not a god of war by any means, more of a father.

Cpt.McCloud said:
That is ludacris, for their time these games were the God Of War of their day.

The gameplay may not be 'amazing' and the story may be non existent yet it was a highly addictive and popular game and helped raise video game awareness, it is a 'god', not a god of war by any means, more of a father.

EXACTLY. Just like Cassetes were the best thing in the 80s. If games were better back in the 90s then game companies are failing to do there job. I used to love Tetris, but when I play it now, I can only play it for a few minutes being I get tired.

Remember this is a list of best games of ALL time, how can something in the 90s be better than todays games? Especially when they are as linear as you can get now days. If the list was full of classic games, then yes it would be top game. But putting in games like god of war in the same category and claming tetris is better is not only LUDICROUS (Ludacris is the rapper) as you say, but its being down right arrogant.

T3kNi9e said:
EXACTLY. Just like Cassetes were the best thing in the 80s. If games were better back in the 90s then game companies are failing to do there job. I used to love Tetris, but when I play it now, I can only play it for a few minutes being I get tired.

Without cassettes we wouldn't have dvd or blu-ray today, these things have roots and the roots deserve some honour too.

Back