Nintendo Cleans up IGN's Top100 Games of All Time

T3kNi9e said:
No, some people need to stop being stupid and be realistic. Thats like saying a Wagon with an OX pulling it is better than a Ferrari. Just because its a old game that was a classic and is still a fun ARCADE type game. Doesnt make it better than todays games. Give a kid who's never played console games. Give him Tetris, give him God of War (atleast age 10 so he can know how to play) They will say God of War is better. Stop being naive, these people are just reliving their past and remember how much fun a "revolutionary" game was. Hell I had all the fun in the world playing Zelda when I was 11, but im not stupid enough to think its better than Mass Effect.

Stupid and naive? Clearly you need to take your own advice. As stated earlier, these older games paved the way for the ones you mentioned now. This is why IGN didn't take peoples votes, too many 12 year old fanboys would ruin it.

If I was 12 I wouldnt have really gotten a chance to know what tetris and old games were like when they were out. Im 20, I had my share of enjoying the NES SNES N64 PS2 and now Wii + Xbox 360. Hell the only game we bought on my old fat gray gameboy (which I still have) was Tetris.

I know it paved the way, it doesnt make it better. Everyone knows cassetes paved the way for CD's, like VHS to DVD to Blueray. But im sure no one wants to watch The Departed on a VHS over DVD/Blueray. You also dont see people making there albums no cassetes anymore. Because its not better! Thats why old style games arent made anymore except for "Arcade Games" which sell for very cheap and are never ahead of current generation games. If it were, then arcade games would cost alot more.

I think ill need to give more examples because you being arrogant. Einsteins Atom bomb was pretty damn strong, but everyone knows the current nukes are more than a 100 times stronger.

Bridgemute said:
they were talking about final fantasy 6...it was called 3 in the US when released on the SNES. and yes it does deserve the spot it has.

its funny how fans of true final fantasy games despise number 7. I hated it. its nothing compared to 6.

FF7 is one of the greatest games of all time, it deserves to AT LEAST be in the top 10. FF6 was great too, however it did not capture my imagination like FF7 did.

FF9 and 10 also deserve to be well up there on the rankings. To me these games are the pinnacle of gaming, period.

FFVII at 76... credibility lost. Even if they prefer 6 more than 7, they both were fantastic, it deserves better than seventyfreakingsix. nuff said.

Last edited:
That list sucks. Star Wars Knights #27 and GoldenEye 007 #75. they can start by switching those 2.

T3kNi9e said:
If I was 12 I wouldnt have really gotten a chance to know what tetris and old games were like when they were out. Im 20, I had my share of enjoying the NES SNES N64 PS2 and now Wii + Xbox 360. Hell the only game we bought on my old fat gray gameboy (which I still have) was Tetris.

I know it paved the way, it doesnt make it better. Everyone knows cassetes paved the way for CD's, like VHS to DVD to Blueray. But im sure no one wants to watch The Departed on a VHS over DVD/Blueray. You also dont see people making there albums no cassetes anymore. Because its not better! Thats why old style games arent made anymore except for "Arcade Games" which sell for very cheap and are never ahead of current generation games. If it were, then arcade games would cost alot more.

I think ill need to give more examples because you being arrogant. Einsteins Atom bomb was pretty damn strong, but everyone knows the current nukes are more than a 100 times stronger.

It's not my arrogance, but your ignorance, which still blinds you. Again, you're the reason why they didn't let people vote. Too many fanboys, not enough understanding. Your attempts to justify yourself just make you look even more ignorant.

I see, im ignorant. Yet you dont give any conclusive evidence or even opinion as to why its better. Please... ill trade you my Tetris game for a Metroid Prime 3 game. You up or what?

FF7 is for idiots. FF6 and 4 is where its at guys!!! MGS was 20 :). Not even Halo beat it mofos!! Contra was too low down. Also some young arse called it gay. I hate young people. :mad5:

My top 20 as of this moment.

20.FF6
19.FF4
18.FFTa
17.KH
16.Radiata Stories
15.FF9
14.Halo3
13.Mario Party 2
12.The Orange Box
11.MP3
10.SF3
9.Star Fox
8.SMG
7.MegaMan3
6.Contra
5.KOF 98
4.SMB3
3.MK64
2.OoT
1.SM64

Last edited:
Contra was the ****. I personally dont like FF cuz turn base RPG is to slow for me. I like RPG in realtime, but there's no denying people love it.

Okay the list on IGN might be different if they were deciding the numbers based off of JUST how fun a game was. But they're deciding it based off of a wide variety of factors, sales probably being the lowest factor, fun being middle and influence being the highest. With the variety of factors weighing in I think they did a pretty good job of summing it all up. Not that I don't disagree with them occasionally, but I think they did pretty darn good.

BTW, if I really wanted to make enemies on this board I suppose I could say that by today's graphical and story-telling standards FF7's graphics are abysmal, the characters are industry stereotypes and nothing about it is even remotely close to some of the better games of today.

Of course that's by today's standards. Personally I quite like FF7's storyline and the graphics were great (for it's time). :smilewinkgrin:

You people need to lighten up. Seriously.

....>.>....<.<.....

And no way should FF7 be on the top 10 list *runs and hides*

T3kNi9e said:
I see, im ignorant. Yet you dont give any conclusive evidence or even opinion as to why its better. Please... ill trade you my Tetris game for a Metroid Prime 3 game. You up or what?

I don't offer opinions in a debate. I wouldn't expect you to comprehend the reason for that though, so I won't bother explaining. And the very reason you even made that offer should more then prove why Tetris was rated higher. Fanboys...they never learn. Go back to playing Halo:ciappa:

FF6 and 4 is where its at guys!!! MGS was 20 .

Amen.

Apocalypse said:
I don't offer opinions in a debate. I wouldn't expect you to comprehend the reason for that though, so I won't bother explaining. And the very reason you even made that offer should more then prove why Tetris was rated higher. Fanboys...they never learn. Go back to playing Halo:ciappa:

Amen.

Thank you, so shut the **** up. And no thanks I dont like halo aside from the first one.

Back