martini178

Oldschoolgamer
Jul 17, 2006
in a box under your stairs
Wii Online Code
6382-2254-4972-9993
i would like to know why everyone bought or didnt buy nintendo consoles
heres my reasons for each console

1.NES: for the nes i didnt have a choice in the matter as i was born in 1989 and we got it in 1990 or 91 but im sure glad we got one because i still have it today as its the system i grew up on

2.SNES: man o man i would have loved this when i was little as i used to play it at one of my friends house's but alas i was to young yet again

3.N64: before christmas of 97 my brother influenced my decision by telling me how great the playstation was and when it came i didnt quite agree that is untill it broke and at xmas of 99 we got our n64 as our playstation had broken. as i soon found out the only games i really could get into on the n64 were the james bond games perfect dark conkers bad fur day and mario tennis other then that nothing could get me excited as i had tried mario 64 and hated it while i began to notice the lack of good games that were designed for teenagers.

4.gamecube: when it came to 2003 just after my birthday in mid august i had a decision to make on what system to choose as i had saved up enough money here is why the gamecube was out of the question
-the controllers have a sub par layout at best it seems like no real thought put into it
-lack of games for the mature gamer in mind
-lack of 3rd party support
-and no online
i ended up buying an xbox but i almost got to a ps2 as they both had everything a gamecube didn't the xbox had a harddrive great online which i never took advantage of but still the xbox and ps2 are far suppirior

5.wii: the wii coupled with the ds is a breath of fresh air from nintendo that has got me excited about nintendo again and it will be my primary system as it will alow me to play all the new games for it and all the old games that i loved for previous nintendo consoles

i want to say thank you to nintendo as you have got me excited in new ways about gaming ;and showing me that to rule you dont have to have the best graphics in a system you just need some inovation and damn fine gameplay

i just want to say that i am not a micrsoft; playstation or nintendo fanboy i am a console gaming fanboy

you forgot nintendos other consoles

Virtual boy : gave people headauces never made it to uk (but i got one and i like it
Game and watch : inveted d pads and good portable gameing
Game boy : pokemon and tetrus owned all other hand helds(its batters lasted a whiles)
GBA : Pokemon
and theres there first consloe (just had pong on it) forget its name

attarie or however u spell it but I got the nes cuz yes I was to young for influence but I did beat zelda before I could ride a bike and that's how I learned to read haha um I never got a snes cuz again I was to young I never got a 64 either because as martini said it didn't really have games that interested me and the ones that did my friends had them and I practically lived at his house so we always played it together so I had no need I got a gc for ssbm and for enternal darkness but it neverreally had mature audience games that were interesting but pso was good I gt the original gb u know the grey brick haha but I never really got into portable gaming due to the batteries then this year me and friends wanted to play pokémon red,blue and yellow again so I just stole my ex gfs gbsp cuz the chargibility then she took it back 8/ umm ds I didn't get cuz well I just was kicked out of my house and was broke so out of the question but I'm settled now and te ds looks great and I'm getting the wii cuz its going to revolutionize gaming yeah

Darkprinny said:

Virtual boy : gave people headauces never made it to uk (but i got one and i like it
Game boy : pokemon and tetrus owned all other hand helds(its batters lasted a whiles)

to be honest i didnt really care about the handhelds untill the ds and psp came out and nintendo dominated that market untill the psp gave them a bit of a fight so it is really no contest on who you would choose from 1980-2005
the only handheld ive ever owned was a gameboy pocket with 2 games battletank and pokemon blue

NES: had it before i was born and i started playing when i was 3:D
Gray GB: got it from my parents when they gave my bro and sis ones also
Red GB (still the really old ones): got it from a friend on my b-day. i was glad because it worked better than my gray one
SNES: my bro got one for himself but shared with me
N64: begged my parents to get me one because "all my friends had one":lol:
GC: my bro and i rented a GC and SSBM but we couldnt turn it off because we didnt have a memory card. I got a paper route and made enough money to buy one, but my dad bought me one for christmas anyway
GBA SP: bought with my own money. I was behind the times with GBs so i thought i would catch up.
DS: liked the concept so i made enough money to buy it and SM64 DS
Wii: so far ive made enough money for the console. now all i need is money for the games.

DS
DS Lite
Game Boy Advance
Game Boy Color
Game Boy Micro
Game Boy Advance SP
Game and Watch
Virtual Boy
thats all stuff u should look up, cause I think u didnt notice it

well the virtual boy was not a hand held (you needed a flat surface to put it on)

Arcadium said:
DS
DS Lite
Game Boy Advance
Game Boy Color
Game Boy Micro
Game Boy Advance SP
Game and Watch
Virtual Boy
thats all stuff u should look up, cause I think u didnt notice it
yes i didnt post that but it was for a reason that i stated above and i know about these systems but i focus more on consoles and i wouldnt consider the virtual boy a console partially because of its major flop on the market and also that it wasn't really a handheld or a home console and gameboy advanced, gameboy advanced sp, and gameboy micro are all the same system, i guess i will list the reasons i didnt buy the handhelds here

1.Game and Watch: most of them are older then me and its very hard to find working ones these days as they are now a collectors item, still i kinda want one just for bragging rights

2.gameboy/gameboy pocket: it was 1998 when the pokemon craze hit me and like any other kid i wanted pokemon red and/or pokemon blue so i pleaded my case to my parents and grandparents to get me a gameboy pocket with pokemon for my birthday and low and behold when august 8th came around i jumped for joy as i got my first handheld gaming system

3.gameboy colour: it seemed that as soon as i got my gameboy pocket the gameboy colour came out and everyone but me had one. so after a few months trying to convince my parents to get me one i gave up and i haven't tried to get a handheld since

4.virtual boy:i never heard of this untill it was gone into obscerity

5.gameboy advanced/sp/micro: although i would like a gameboy advanced i feel i have no need for one at this point in time as i dont see anything new about it as they are pretty much a handheld snes

6.ds: i want it i want it lol im getting one after i get my wii

Darkprinny said:

i think you are thinking about colecovision which was made jointly with nintendo and you are also thinking about the atari 2600

nope its a rare one
i found its title in a old game book its called block ball (only jap)
its just a controler that gos into the tv
damit if only i had a scanner
google failed me again

who shouted nerd

Last edited:
NES
Wasn't born when it came out. However, I have played most of the great NES games through the NES classic series (on the GBA), through the numerous ports and remakes and I played a few NES games through Animal Crossing on the GC.

Game Boy
My sisters had a Gameboy ever since it came out. I constantly played Mario Land and Tetris on it when I was young and loved it. This handheld was what got me interested in Nintendo.

SNES
When I was about 5 (may have been 6 could of even been 7. God knows. It will remain an eternal mystery. It might have even been 8. Actually 8 sounds a bit too old. 5 or 6 sounds sensible to me) my parents got me a Sega Mega Drive, and therefore didn't have SNES. Back then though I was too young to even know about the SNES. I loved the Mega Drive a lot, I owned all the Sonic games and played them to death. I also loved games for it such as Streets of Rage and Golden Axe. Eventually though I brought a SNES with games such as Mario All stars and Mario Kart, and loved that too.

Gameboy Pocket
My Sister brought one of these. This wasn't really a big console for me. I just played on the old original GameBoy.

Gameboy Colour
This was a big handheld for me. I got one of these for my birthday (please don't ask me which one. OK? Else this could turn into an even longer post) with Wario Land 2. Wario Land 2 was a game loved a lot. Also I was introduced to the Pokemon franchise, so I got Pokemon Yellow for my birthday followed by Silver (when it came out in America- yeah I imported it) and then Crystal (once that was released in America- indeed, I imported it). On this handheld I caught up with a lot of games I missed out on on the original Gameboy (mainly Mario ones:lol: ).

Nintendo 64
It was either this, or a Dreamcast. Mario, or Sonic? Last Christmas my parents brought a Playstation as a family present. With my love of Pokemon I decided to buy a Pikachu N64 with Pokemon Snap. I loved this console a lot more than the Playstation, with games such as Mario 64, Smash Bros and Lylat Wars it was one of my favorite consoles.

Gamecube
This is where I beleive I became a real Nintendo fan. Before this console I wasn't really interested in games other than Mario, Pokemon and DK games. But now I was older I started to become interested in other Nintendo series such as Zelda, Metroid , Fire Emblem and F-Zero. With my new found interest in other Nintendo games I went back and brought games I missed out on on the Gameboy series, SNES and N64 (eg: Goldeneye). By the way I own all the Metroid, Starfox and Zelda games.

Gameboy Advance
Of course being a big fan of the Gameboy series I got this handheld. Of course, being a Mario fan I got Mario Advance, Wario Land 4 and Mario Kart Super Circuit with my GBA. I caught up with the games I missed on the NES (such as LOZ ,LOZ 2: AOL and Metroid) through the numerous ports and remakes and also through the NES Classic series. I also caught up with the SNES games I missed out (such as LOZ: ALTTP and Donkey Kong Country 2) on through the numerous ports and remakes. Now a fan of games such as Metroid, Fire Emblem, Zelda and F-Zero I brought many GBA games. I also got this so I could play my old GB and GBA games on it.

Gameboy Advance SP
I was sick of not being able to play my GBA in the dark and not being able to see the screen properly most of the time, so I got this.

DS
I don't really need to explain why I got one of these. It has all the games I like on this console so its literally perfect for me.

DS Lite
I broke my old DS so I got one of these, and I love it. The thing that let the old DS down was the fact it was fat and ugly. This however has a perfect design. Great games+great design+innovation=perfect console.

Hang on the gc can go online only with phantasy star online

Back