Nintendo doesnt care

Status
Not open for further replies.
Icandy said:
Here's one to prove the point of Largedarry:

In an interview with CNET Japan, Square Enix president Youichi Wada talked about his company's future strategy and the state of the game industry, saying all segments (software, hardware as well as the arcade business) are performing very well.

Asked about the three new consoles, Wada explained, "The Wii is the antithesis of the Xbox 360. (Xbox 360) is strictly for hardcore gamers. The attachment rate for the Xbox 360 is much higher than for the Wii. People who buy the 360 really like games... I think the current trend is that most people aren't buying the Wii as a game machine, but as a toy...

And those kind of thoughts are what's going to hurt the Wii owners.

arent games and toys in the same class? i sure think so... go to a store and you will find board games and other games along with TOYS. but we dont see as that cause we are trying to make the video game industry "grow up" xbox is a toy ps3 is a toy and wii is a toy... all toys, all play GAMES which games are TOYS! but they wont try to classify those as being toys sure they play DVDs and music and blah blah but i still look at video games in general as TOYS.

That wasn't the tone of his point. He doesn't consider the Xbox a toy but does consider the Wii as one. In-other-words, not worth his time. Only Xbox owners really like games?!?!?

JeremyGTS said:
arent games and toys in the same class? i sure think so... go to a store and you will find board games and other games along with TOYS. but we dont see as that cause we are trying to make the video game industry "grow up" xbox is a toy ps3 is a toy and wii is a toy... all toys, all play GAMES which games are TOYS! but they wont try to classify those as being toys sure they play DVDs and music and blah blah but i still look at video games in general as TOYS.

Hmm, everywhere I go the games are either in the electronics section or entertainment section along side the movies.

yea i dont consider video games to be toys either..it can go either way i mean i do see wat u are trying to say but to me they are in a class of there own

right it can go either way and i guess depends on the person as well... but im in my 20s and i play board games... but i have kids too haha... monopoly jr anyone?? candy land?

anyway what im trying to say is arguing on these forums day after day is not going to do anything but fuel the fire of wii being kiddy and nintendo not caring and 3rd party support sucks and all that jazz. Has anyone every tried to get a nice formal letter to nintendo addressing the concern of 3rd party support?

And have Mr. John Doe Smith of NOA reply to you telling you just how much your opinion is valued?

A nice and kind letter isn't gonna make Nintendo shut up and listen. The only language Nintendo speaks is market-statistics-ese.

hell yea man im in my mid 20's also and play board games..lol..dont got any kids YET..lol..i guess some people just see this as a place where they cant vent..i mean i know i do sometimes, cuz my girl isnt sure as hell gonna understand a word im sayin..lol

AtomicB said:
And have Mr. John Doe Smith of NOA reply to you telling you just how much your opinion is valued?

A nice and kind letter isn't gonna make Nintendo shut up and listen. The only language Nintendo speaks is market-statistics-ese.

Well thats atleast a start instead of whining on here all day...
maybe boycott 3rd party games till they do something better?

theres all kinds of things we can do other than arguing on here do you think any one in the nintendo research dept. are reading these forums?

Bliss said:
hell yea man im in my mid 20's also and play board games..lol..dont got any kids YET..lol..i guess some people just see this as a place where they cant vent..i mean i know i do sometimes, cuz my girl isnt sure as hell gonna understand a word im sayin..lol

HAHA i know what ya mean when it comes to the woman... kinda gives a blank stare.

didnt mean to DP

JeremyGTS said:
ok i have an easy solution here... if you are unhappy with the Wii then sell it its not that hard why are you going to sit there and ***** over and over and over again? if your that unsatisfied then sell it. If you feel nintendo dont care about you being a "hardcore" gamer then leave them. you have the choice now make it. not picking on anyone here this is just a general reply to anyone who wants to ***** and moan...
i have a solution for your problem to don't read what you don't want to hear about and you don't have to make posts about people that complain about what they want to complain about. last time i checked i didnt force you to read my posts. Why would i sell it its just possible they might come out with a decent third party game, and if you read any of my other posts then you know that nintendo comes out with a good first party game every other two months so about two or three times out the year im happy with my wii. If you don't like what i post don't read you do have a choice on that too. This is AMERICA i can ***** about what ever i feel the need to ***** about!

I don't really care as long as they keep making games like galaxy. I'm going into PC gaming and I always have my DS so I'm always happy. Every once and a while a really good Wii game will come out and I'll buy it.

I am really surprised he said that though.

I really don't understand, not that this is a surprise, but why can't Nintendo make an equal amount of casual games? That way there will always be games for everyone to choose from. Even though hard core isn't the mass-market, we are still a part of it and right now we are treated like crap.

Nintendo is not going to tell third parties to step it up because it doesnt want to take the risk of those third parties jumping ship, seeing as the third parties are making money off of the crap and thus they make money off the third parties why would they. What im saying is the good game that nintendo brings out every blue moon needs to increase and they themselves maybe need to make some new franchises to pick up the slack of the third parties.

Its also funny how nintendo will bring more games out on a better time basis for japan then they do for us. it was even said in an artical that the company was only focusing on game making for japan and was leaving the game making for the US to third parties.

They did not just say they were going for the casual market, as matter of fact it wasnt' till almost launch and after that you started to hear that bs.

They said they were going to revolutionize gaming and change the way we ALL play games.

For those that say i dont speak well on the wii well i guess all you are paying attention to is the posts that i make when im expressing a dislike for something. i have said good things about some of the games. but at the same time why would i go hey i like metroid prime 4 months after its been out? or Zelda is a great game 3 months later? then you have to look at it thats the only thing good about the wii is what nintendo actually brings out and other than galaxy its been a few months since that.

yungblood6 said:
Nintendo is not going to tell third parties to step it up because it doesnt want to take the risk of those third parties jumping ship, seeing as the third parties are making money off of the crap and thus they make money off the third parties why would they. What im saying is the good game that nintendo brings out every blue moon needs to increase and they themselves maybe need to make some new franchises to pick up the slack of the third parties.

Its also funny how nintendo will bring more games out on a better time basis for japan then they do for us. it was even said in an artical that the company was only focusing on game making for japan and was leaving the game making for the US to third parties.

They did not just say they were going for the casual market, as matter of fact it wasnt' till almost launch and after that you started to hear that bs.

They said they were going to revolutionize gaming and change the way we ALL play games.

For those that say i dont speak well on the wii well i guess all you are paying attention to is the posts that i make when im expressing a dislike for something. i have said good things about some of the games. but at the same time why would i go hey i like metroid prime 4 months after its been out? or Zelda is a great game 3 months later? then you have to look at it thats the only thing good about the wii is what nintendo actually brings out and other than galaxy its been a few months since that.
I read an article about the president of Nintendo (or someone like that) making a statement encouraging third parties to put more effort into their games and not just make a quick Wii game for profit. :-/

I don't think your argument is entirely correct.

Here is one statement.

According to CVG, Nintendo of America’s George Harrison stated, “Certainly there’s a strong line-up of third party titles, and we’re trying to encourage them to make them. But, we’re also trying to encourage third parties to take the time and effort to make something unique, not just to sort of throw something out on Wii because the Wii’s the fast-selling system. I think the ones that have spent the most time in the box are the ones that are going to be the most successful this holiday.”

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back