Nintendo doesnt care

Status
Not open for further replies.
yungblood6 said:
Nintendo is not going to tell third parties to step it up because it doesnt want to take the risk of those third parties jumping ship, seeing as the third parties are making money off of the crap and thus they make money off the third parties why would they. What im saying is the good game that nintendo brings out every blue moon needs to increase and they themselves maybe need to make some new franchises to pick up the slack of the third parties.

I agree with that 100% about the 3rd parties jumping ship from nintendo. Like i said before Nintendo used to be real picky about what was going on their consoles in the past and 3rd parties did drop them for that.

How many quality games do you think nintendo can put out a month or year that can satisfy both the "casual" and "hardcore"? I believe once the sales of the casual mini games drops off and people are tired of that they will realize that they need to step it up. When most of your market is the "casual" gamer you are going to do more for them because thats where they are going to make their money from the casuals. once the casual gamers step it up and make that first step towards hardcore then we will see more hardcore from nintendo. atleast thats what im hoping for which could turn out to be a bad thing as well waiting on them to drop the casual titles for hardcore. if that makes sense?

Who cares about the UK!? With their... Honey on sausages. And... Mooses... Meese? Moosie?

It's a joke, sorry.

I actually think it's ridicules that you guys get everything late. What the heck are they doing those 2 months? Translating English to English? I bet we wouldn't have tat problem if the Wii wasn't region-locked.

Reggie is eh lye-ah!

sausages?? lol

i dont care to much about late just hate america and other countries getting angry when they get it before us.. and i dont think there much 3rd party companies ased souly in uk. if there was i go complain to them.

sorry i can't do my part:lol:

(and sorry im talking a lot of bs)

JAKE196 said:
I read an article about the president of Nintendo (or someone like that) making a statement encouraging third parties to put more effort into their games and not just make a quick Wii game for profit. :-/

I don't think your argument is entirely correct.

Here is one statement.

According to CVG, Nintendo of America’s George Harrison stated, “Certainly there’s a strong line-up of third party titles, and we’re trying to encourage them to make them. But, we’re also trying to encourage third parties to take the time and effort to make something unique, not just to sort of throw something out on Wii because the Wii’s the fast-selling system. I think the ones that have spent the most time in the box are the ones that are going to be the most successful this holiday.”
Ther reason he said that was because he knows there is a load of crap being released for the wii, but at the same time are they doing any thing to stop it? No becaus they make money off of the third parties.

The gamecube had better games then the wii has right now. some of them even look better as well as play better. The only thing that hurt the gamecube was the lack of online play, which made the third parties shy away from it. There was nothing wrong with the games on the cube at all! It had games for everyone casual core and hardcore, just without online. So its no surpise the cube did bad why would i play a game on it when the exact same game is on the other system with online. They had a balanced line up of games first year for the cube so i see no reason they couldnt have the same balance for the wii

AtomicB said:
Who cares about the UK!? With their... Honey on sausages. And... Mooses... Meese? Moosie?

It's a joke, sorry.

I actually think it's ridicules that you guys get everything late. What the heck are they doing those 2 months? Translating English to English? I bet we wouldn't have tat problem if the Wii wasn't region-locked.

Reggie is eh lye-ah!

Not English to English, American to English, which can be very difficult :lol: :smilewinkgrin:

the ps2 didnt use much pnline and less than 5% i would say people that had a ps2 used online.
and i know the 3rd part support is bs and they should step and and think "hey, the wii actual has potentail" but that day wont be soon.(some 3rd party develpers are making gdd wii games as we speak)

yes changing color to colour etc is hard lol

Last edited:
oh here is something good about the wii ive been in bed all morning posting and watching youtube lol

Just thought of something else. Well if alot of these 3rd parties didnt make games for the gamecube and if they did im sure they were also crap.. now that the wii is the hot console alot of the developers im sure have no experience with the GC/WII dev tools and therefore releasing crap games because they dont know what they're doing... now i know it shouldnt be like that now and that maybe the first few months would be a usable excuse but not now... and i know nintendo dont really offer no assistance or tips to 3rd parties. which i think is crazy but my theory is they dont want anyone outcreating them on their own console they will hold off their development tips kinda sounds like more of a conspiracy lol

Last edited:
jimbo said:
the ps2 didnt use much pnline and less than 5% i would say people that had a ps2 used online.
and i know the 3rd part support is bs and they should step and and think "hey, the wii actual has potentail" but that day wont be soon.(some 3rd party develpers are making gdd wii games as we speak)

yes changing color to colour etc is hard lol
True but it just still had that option.

Also you got to look at ps2 games they kept you busy more than games today do. I mean they had final fantasy games( i never played) Ratchet and clank, Jack and daxter, socom, metalgear, Gt, hell they had exclusivety to GTA That game alone kept you busy for months

i can see were your coming from.. and like gta it takes rockstar about 2-3 years to make the next one and im sure they start development before they relese it. so i no 3rd party develpers will maybe rush to get there game first on wii but i hope they take there time and make it good

yungblood6 said:
Ther reason he said that was because he knows there is a load of crap being released for the wii, but at the same time are they doing any thing to stop it? No becaus they make money off of the third parties.

The gamecube had better games then the wii has right now. some of them even look better as well as play better. The only thing that hurt the gamecube was the lack of online play, which made the third parties shy away from it. There was nothing wrong with the games on the cube at all! It had games for everyone casual core and hardcore, just without online. So its no surpise the cube did bad why would i play a game on it when the exact same game is on the other system with online. They had a balanced line up of games first year for the cube so i see no reason they couldnt have the same balance for the wii
They can't do anything to stop it, 3rd parties can create games for any system they want.

JAKE196 said:
They can't do anything to stop it, 3rd parties can create games for any system they want.
Thats not true.. if you ever noticed it will say "licensed by Nintendo"

they have to purchase a license first before they can put it out there.

and if nintendo wanted to they would but like yungblood and i said 3rd parties would jump ship.

JeremyGTS said:
Just thought of something else. Well if alot of these 3rd parties didnt make games for the gamecube and if they did im sure they were also crap.. now that the wii is the hot console alot of the developers im sure have no experience with the GC/WII dev tools and therefore releasing crap games because they dont know what they're doing... now i know it shouldnt be like that now and that maybe the first few months would be a usable excuse but not now... and i know nintendo dont really offer no assistance or tips to 3rd parties. which i think is crazy but my theory is they dont want anyone outcreating them on their own console they will hold off their development tips kinda sounds like more of a conspiracy lol
Thats exactly what is going on and that exactly why the free games control and play better than the games these third parties put out.

I like the wii and i have to pace my self on these games that are good because after i beat galaxy i dont have any thing to look forward to till late january early febuary. Games like SSBB(first time playing the series) Mario kart, and then i get to see if that no more heros is going to be any good, heard bad things. then i didnt get to play the original but im interested in Nights, unfortunatly they don't come out till feb early march.
You see my point its too long a period between games that arent party games. The only games that come out between those are movie games but we all know how those go on any console.

My point is i WANT to play my wii but there is nothing but crap out i enjoy the game play when somthing good does come out but its just too much of a time period between those, plus its already bad enough the casual market is not just infected the wii but the whole industry as a whole games are not in depth as they use to and they are real easy to beat. Gears was a great game but wow i beat it in one sitting, same with halo i played that like 5 hours with a friend and was finished with it. Its just this whole casual bull **** is getting real nerv wrecking.

JeremyGTS said:
Thats not true.. if you ever noticed it will say "licensed by Nintendo"

they have to purchase a license first before they can put it out there.

and if nintendo wanted to they would but like yungblood and i said 3rd parties would jump ship.
I could be wrong, but i thought there was a court case which ruled developers can make games for any system they want. I'm fairly sure the Nintendo seal is just to say it was designed for the wii and it it has been recognized by Nintendo as a wii game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back