Nintendo has finaly woke up!

yungblood6

Get Money Dummy
Sep 22, 2007
Kansas City
Wii Online Code
5134-2285-1457-3930
http://wii.qj.net/Fils-Aime-Nintendo-won-t-stop-stepping-up-Wii-production/pg/49/aid/109829

You have the best selling, fastest selling console for little more than a year and you are just now recently upgrading production? IMO i would have done this half way thru the year. Of course we know you cant slow down production because that would just be a disaster for you. But im glad you got your head straight and are trying to get on the ball with it.

Then you have this:
"Fils-Aime also continued that vast majority of the gaming demographic are the active or core gamers, and not the casual gamers as it is widely believed. "They're the ones willing to wait in line outside of retailers before dawn, so we're only seeing a small tip of the iceberg in terms of actually selling to those expanded players," he said."

We were trying to tell you this from the begining! But you had your head stuck so far up your ass you didnt realize this.

I don't know what it was that made them open there eyes but its about damn time, i feel a little better going into 2008 for the wii now.

Whatever a NOA says it doesn't dictate the focus of a company. People put to much value on Regie's words. He says one thing one day and the opposite the next. Anyway I'm confident in Nintendo like I have always been.

Hold on. Hold on. By noticing "core gamers" does this mean we might actually see some "video games" and less easy, to play virtual reality type of stuff.

Example... FPS Shooters and stuff???

Somebody fill me in. Im having trouble interpreing EXACTLY what that article meant. What does this mean we can look forward to possibly in 2008?

its not the point of if he changes his words, we all know he does that. but its about time he reliezed that the casual gamer is not the majority in the game industry, and not the ones spending the most money on games, and systems. We the core and active gamers are the ones spending the money! it was just plain stupid for them to think other wise. I see that a lot of wii purchasers are casual gamers but i can almost garentee you that more people bought the wii that bought other nintendo consoles, as well as consoles from other companies. That was evedent at launch what casual gamer is going to camp out in front of a store to get a wii? or to get games? Just look at the New york launch alone im a hardcore gamer and i wouldnt even stand in a line that long to get a wii yet alone some one who doesnt game like that. Ony the die hard fans, and advid gamers are going to do that.

SHORTFUZ3D said:
Hold on. Hold on. By noticing "core gamers" does this mean we might actually see some "video games" and less easy, to play virtual reality type of stuff.

Example... FPS Shooters and stuff???

Somebody fill me in. Im having trouble interpreing EXACTLY what that article meant. What does this mean we can look forward to possibly in 2008?
it realy doesnt mean any thing other than they don't look at the wii as just a casual game machine anymore. I just posted the article because I find it funny that game developers and now nintendo are finnaly admiting that its not all about the casual gamer for the wii. It doesnt realy mean any thing but the possiblity that games are going to be a little better than this year. But like i have said before nintendo wasnt the problem in my eyes any way. It was the third party developers. I have enjoyed most of nintendoes games that have come out so far. Except mario party 8(im just not into those unless im real drunk and playing with girls, or kids)Please peopel don't take that last comment to the head!

I mentioned this in another thread. If Nintendo keeps ramping up production in 2008, and does a price drop, we are looking at the first console in history to sell 50 million units in 2 years. Now I'm referring to a $100 price drop, and a production ramp of 3-4 million units a month starting around June 2008. That's 50% of the PS2 sales in 6 years done in 2 years.

Reggie mentions voice chat possible in 2008. The only real thorn is avoiding, turning on VC online multiplayer (as mentioned by Reggie it's something they can do, but won't at least for 2008). That's the only thing next year I see will hurt Nintendo. Microsoft, Sony can capitalize on that heavily next year with Live and Home.

yungblood6 said:
http://wii.qj.net/Fils-Aime-Nintendo-won-t-stop-stepping-up-Wii-production/pg/49/aid/109829

You have the best selling, fastest selling console for little more than a year and you are just now recently upgrading production? IMO i would have done this half way thru the year. Of course we know you cant slow down production because that would just be a disaster for you. But im glad you got your head straight and are trying to get on the ball with it.

Then you have this:
"Fils-Aime also continued that vast majority of the gaming demographic are the active or core gamers, and not the casual gamers as it is widely believed. "They're the ones willing to wait in line outside of retailers before dawn, so we're only seeing a small tip of the iceberg in terms of actually selling to those expanded players," he said."

We were trying to tell you this from the begining! But you had your head stuck so far up your ass you didnt realize this.

I don't know what it was that made them open there eyes but its about damn time, I feel a little better going into 2008 for the wii now.

I do too!

The bottom line is that they are changing their focus to more esperienced gamers. Now I think they will be able to strike a better balance tween core and casual gamers. Now that Nintendo is taking the lead, third parties will finaley wake up and make some meaty games for us! We ALL win now. Cheers to 2008!

As for increaseing production, I think you were a little too harsh. It is not as simple as just opening a new factory. It takes at least 6months to tool up a new factory to increase production of a product. There are factors involved that you or I don't see because we are not running a mulitibillion dollar company. I'm just glad that Nintedo HAS increased production because the more wii's made, the more they sell, the more in homes, the greater the possibility that third parties will stop slackin off and take the little white box more seriously! Let us see what will happen in 2008.

yungblood6 said:
it realy doesnt mean any thing other than they don't look at the wii as just a casual game machine anymore. I just posted the article because I find it funny that game developers and now nintendo are finnaly admiting that its not all about the casual gamer for the wii.
yungblood6 said:
Now the shitty image of the wii as a "Kiddy Casual" machine can go DIE already!

It doesnt realy mean any thing but the possiblity that games are going to be a little better than this year. But like i have said before nintendo wasnt the problem in my eyes any way. It was the third party developers. I have enjoyed most of nintendoes games that have come out so far. Except mario party 8(im just not into those unless im real drunk and playing with girls, or kids)Please peopel don't take that last comment to the head!

Let us hope that things get better from here on out!

maybe they will now get started on hard drives and voice chat!! i posted an article with reggie saying they were considering it earlier.

more importantly, maybe this means the official nintendo seal will go back to the good old nintendo seal OF QUALITY!

Back