Nintendo has finaly woke up!

samXcor3 said:
maybe they will now get started on hard drives and voice chat!! i posted an article with reggie saying they were considering it earlier.

more importantly, maybe this means the official nintendo seal will go back to the good old nintendo seal OF QUALITY!

Since the preception of quality is so subjective to each individual, I think the seal was more for the actual quality of the PHYSICAL product itself.

romj said:
I do too!

The bottom line is that they are changing their focus to more esperienced gamers. Now I think they will be able to strike a better balance tween core and casual gamers. Now that Nintendo is taking the lead, third parties will finaley wake up and make some meaty games for us! We ALL win now. Cheers to 2008!

As for increaseing production, I think you were a little too harsh. It is not as simple as just opening a new factory. It takes at least 6months to tool up a new factory to increase production of a product. There are factors involved that you or I don't see because we are not running a mulitibillion dollar company. I'm just glad that Nintedo HAS increased production because the more wii's made, the more they sell, the more in homes, the greater the possibility that third parties will stop slackin off and take the little white box more seriously! Let us see what will happen in 2008.
Actually it is as simple as just opening a new factory. lol not like that but that simple. At first they didnt want and didnt feel the need to open another factory now they are and are even considering opening one in the us(but i heard that plan fell thru they think the wii would get leaked or somthing like that so they are keeping mf in the east)After 3 months of not being able to keep a product in stock should be the time when you think about uping production. they were so scared of having over supply they didnt go thru with it.

As what another poster said about a price cut. lol keep wishing there is no reason for one. If it was even going to happen it wouldnt be till after next holiday.

It would definitely be good to see harder, more advanced games come to the Wii. I'd like to see some of the co-op gameplay FPS/Third Person games that the industry seems to be finally putting out in particular. Just anything that requires more thought/tactics in general is good.

onespot said:
I found a site while screwing around this morning that you guys might be interested in. Check it out Nintendo Wii.

haha i thouhgt you were a damn advertizer :) thanks for the link, nice find

to young, very well written statement, im also glad ninty is stepping it up to another level, nice find, thanks for sharing :)

The vast majority of people who've purchased the system are active or core players. They're the ones willing to wait in line outside of retailers before dawn, so we're only seeing a small tip of the iceberg in terms of actually selling to those expanded players. ... We won't know the extent of demand until we reach it.

All I see here is Reggie saying that gamers are the ones willing to wait in-line to buy the Wii. That the other interested people aren't waiting and Nintendo won't really know what the demographic is until they've sold more Wii's.

I have seen reports that say that the average age of console owners to be 25, PC owners to be 33. So the average age of 29 either increases the console age or decreases the gaming age.

That other article linked to Nintendo Wii Outlet is poorly written.

Yeah I definitely feel good about hearing these comments finally...I was looking forward to 2008 for the Wii anyway, but this makes it even better.

What worries me is whether or not upgrades like vc require an entirely new console.

I'm all for overnight downloads if it'll keep me up to speed.

yungblood6 said:
http://wii.qj.net/Fils-Aime-Nintendo-won-t-stop-stepping-up-Wii-production/pg/49/aid/109829

You have the best selling, fastest selling console for little more than a year and you are just now recently upgrading production? IMO i would have done this half way thru the year. Of course we know you cant slow down production because that would just be a disaster for you. But im glad you got your head straight and are trying to get on the ball with it.

He said that they're CONTINUING to increase production, not just now starting to increase production. They're already producing more than double the number Wii's per month than when they were first released.

You make it sound like they were in a coma :lol:

Oh well, it was bound to happen really.
Reaching out to the casual was the first step, you know testing the waters. Now comes the good stuff (hopefully)

Plus all those casuals have to turn non casual at some time or at least some of them will, so Nintendo isn't that dumb after all :lol:

Unwiired said:
I think Nintendo underestimated how fast it was going to grow. I think we all did.

Exactly! They had no reason to believe otherwise.

Plus, Wii has taken over Gamecube's LIFETIME sales in just one year. I think at this rate, the price cut that is due eventually will make the Wii like a household essential. Like the T.V or something. Lol.

Back