Nintendo has lost a lot of ppl accoding to this

you have lost your spelling ability. j/k

I disagree that the ps3 will sell that much more than the rest.

ps3-fans-most-loyal-20061117103311134.jpg

BS predictions.

MetroidZ said:
you have lost your spelling ability. j/k

I disagree that the ps3 will sell that much more than the rest.

ps3-fans-most-loyal-20061117103311134.jpg

BS predictions.

They are going on past prediction and longevity of technology. And quite frankly, since the 360 will never be accepted in Asia... those numbers aren't far fetched at all.

Yea anyone can make a poll. Who knows how many people were involved with that. And what worthless sales analyst that knows nothing of games predicted those sales.

I think the wii will sell more than 23 million though. I mean, the 4 million in the first month are going like crazy, and there are still what? 6 yrs ish left in its life? how many gamecubes have been sold worldwide?

EDIT: according to wiki'; 21.20 million (September 2006) sales for the gamecube. presumably the wii will do better than that, especially with all the interest from non gamers.

mrserv0n248 said:
Yea anyone can make a poll. Who knows how many people were involved with that. And what worthless sales analyst that knows nothing of games predicted those sales.

Actually the people invloved in the stock market know more about the game consoles than you and I do. They have millions riding on these comapnies and watch their EVERY move and press release.

its kinda sad that nintendo has so many enemies
they kinda started the gaming boom and to see so many plp playing the "buyers roulette" systems its not that great
*buyers roulette means that there is a chance of your system breaking down soon after you bought it*

chessaholic said:
I think the wii will sell more than 23 million though. I mean, the 4 million in the first month are going like crazy, and there are still what? 6 yrs ish left in its life? how many gamecubes have been sold worldwide?
Wii will have a shorter lifespan, probably something like 4 years IMO. just because by then the graphics will look really dated and will probably deter people from buying it + the other consoles will be cheaper.

MetroidZ said:
Wii will have a shorter lifespan, probably something like 4 years IMO. just because by then the graphics will look really dated and will probably deter people from buying it + the other consoles will be cheaper.

I totally agree. Nintendo is doing something completely new, which we all know so no need to go into it. Once it has reaffirmed it's status as a major player in the short term I wouldn't be surprised if a Wii 2.0 came out or something. The power of a PS3, the best control system from the Wii (which it will hopefully be at that time). Also with the PS3 and Xbox360 being out for so long, the price of the components would have dropped, a clear winner will be decided in the HD-DVD/Blu-Ray war and Nintendo can pick the best of everything and package it in a pretty Apple style package.

At least that's what I would do if I were Nintendo....
:wtf:

Icuic said:
I totally agree. Nintendo is doing something completely new, which we all know so no need to go into it. Once it has reaffirmed it's status as a major player in the short term I wouldn't be surprised if a Wii 2.0 came out or something. The power of a PS3, the best control system from the Wii (which it will hopefully be at that time). Also with the PS3 and Xbox360 being out for so long, the price of the components would have dropped, a clear winner will be decided in the HD-DVD/Blu-Ray war and Nintendo can pick the best of everything and package it in a pretty Apple style package.

At least that's what I would do if I were Nintendo....
:wtf:

I agree 100% with you. If the Wii takes off like I think it will and pulls Nintendo out of the grave and back to it's old self. I see another system launch before another sony or microsoft system comes out again, and that nintendo system(let's pray it happens) will be the one to put the big N back on top

^ i totaly agree with you but lets not forget nintendo isnt in the grave. It OWNS the handheld market and has owend it since the day it was created.

funfact: did you know nintendo was around since the 1800s

Icuic said:

if that link is anything to go by the wii WILL suceed.

and i like this quote

"PS3 is too expensive, and the games/experience seems more of the same with improved graphics.... yawn."

In a nutshell. Yes i do wish the wii had the ps3 graphic, but if the wii started focusing more on graphic the game play will most probaly drop......which would mean the wii wouldnt interest me!

Last edited:
Back