nintendo hiding real wii graphics?

KuRaNiMo said:
I would believe this if it wasn't for one thing: The size of the Wii. It's just tooo small to have graphical power equal to the 360/PS3's.

I agree with you, the wii is just too small, and anyway I think the graphics are good as they are, why do they need to be improved?

but the wii's technology will be stable, unlike the ps3's.
assuring everyone that it will bring what it promises, and it also provides easy game development for developers

KuRaNiMo said:
I would believe this if it wasn't for one thing: The size of the Wii. It's just tooo small to have graphical power equal to the 360/PS3's.

Have you ever opened a computer? You really don't need to though, there are enough powerful laptops to show that the size of a case only plays a small part in computer technology.

^ You do have a point but miniaturization does add a bit of extra $$$, unless they can really fit all that under $250USD - well, expected price, low cost console. If there is a better graphics chip in the Wii, that structure itself (was it 3 full DVD case) still seems unlikely for an efficient cooling system. We're looking at a CPU, GPU, PSU, Optical drive... etc. Have you felt the heat coming out of a computer PSU or even an Xbox360, that thing is hot! Now, just add in those other heat creating device.. doesn't seem like the construction of a Wii can handle the heat. Oh, and I forgot to add, the wireless chip will have some heat too, for some odd reason I can actually feel more heat coming from my wireless card (on my laptop) oppose to the CPU area.

Tough I doubt that the wii will have any HDTV resolutions available I have to disagree with you guys about the possibility to cram a powerful gpu inside the wii, its totally possible! anyone remember dreamcast?? it had a liquid cooling system crammed into a really small machine. I don't know if it was heatpipes or a closed water cooling system but doing a closed water cooling inside the wii that has sufficient power to cool down the cpu+gpu+mem is totally possible, taking out lower HDTV resolutions should not be too hard.

One taught that I had about ATI:s comment about the hollywood having enough power to do so much more than Nintendo is showing us........ twin view for the HMD?????
If they where to make one it could not use normal 3dglasses like nvidia have cause these need at minimum a 100Hz monitor and most people have a normal 50Hz or 60Hz tv and LCD displays dont work at all with this technology.

So they would need to build a transparent LCD in the HMD that would work palallell with the tv/LCD, thus needing more GPU power.

Last edited:
netrat said:
^ You do have a point but miniaturization does add a bit of extra $$$, unless they can really fit all that under $250USD - well, expected price, low cost console. If there is a better graphics chip in the Wii, that structure itself (was it 3 full DVD case) still seems unlikely for an efficient cooling system. We're looking at a CPU, GPU, PSU, Optical drive... etc. Have you felt the heat coming out of a computer PSU or even an Xbox360, that thing is hot! Now, just add in those other heat creating device.. doesn't seem like the construction of a Wii can handle the heat. Oh, and I forgot to add, the wireless chip will have some heat too, for some odd reason I can actually feel more heat coming from my wireless card (on my laptop) oppose to the CPU area.

I didn't feel the need to go into detail as they were basing their assumptions of the graphics/power of the wii purely on size.

The heat could be a problem, but then again almost everything is custom made for the console. We haven't seen a full 360 degree view of the wii either, its airflow could be circulated better through the back.

Ahhh, its 4:30 and I have to be up at 7.:zzz:

dynamo said:
I didn't feel the need to go into detail as they were basing their assumptions of the graphics/power of the wii purely on size.

The heat could be a problem, but then again almost everything is custom made for the console. We haven't seen a full 360 degree view of the wii either, its airflow could be circulated better through the back.

Ahhh, its 4:30 and I have to be up at 7.:zzz:
22082.jpg

I think it's possible that we may just see a significant difference between the first wave of Wii games and the next wave. Also, didn't they say that the Wii will be quiet running... ...I think they're using something else to also get rid of the heat quietly (or maybe not produce as much heat at all).

Ok to old posts, It dosnt matter how small it is when you buy a graphics card for your PC then it wont have much bigger than your old one it dosn't matter how big/small it is, but I think this is fake anyways although i would like it to be true

they should give the name 360 to ps3..becasue with the heat of just the 360, im sure the PS3 will get to 360 degrees!:lol:

Wiired said:
nah i think this is fake.. could u truely be arsed to make fake trailers for EVERY SINGLE GAME YOUR RELEASING? nuff said :)

Devil's Advocate Alert:

its very easy to downgrade graphics. you dont need to change the whole game for it. its a few simple option settings in the rendering program

Squall7 said:
22082.jpg

I think it's possible that we may just see a significant difference between the first wave of Wii games and the next wave. Also, didn't they say that the Wii will be quiet running... ...I think they're using something else to also get rid of the heat quietly (or maybe not produce as much heat at all).

AHHHH! Theres the sensor bar, i assume its the only one on the left ive been looking for this! :p

That AV cable looks quite thick, I hope it comes with component outputs tough I doubt that since LikSang is selling Wii component cables.

Back