Nintendo is messing up with lack of info

Benteder

WiiChat Member
Mar 5, 2007
My wife and I are die hard Mario Party players. We've been waiting for Mario Party 8 for months and pre-ordered the game. We were told march 5, 2007 was the release date. No such luck. I understand things happen and rarely do things go as planned but Nintendo's lack of information is making me want to go buy a Sony 3 and find other games to waste our time on. "To be determined" is not very relevant when Amazon.com says the release date is June of 2007.
Part of our frustration stems from, at first not being able to buy accessories and very few games for the system. I think Nintendo should treat their customers with more respect. We are, after all, the people that keep them in business.

Benteder said:
My wife and I are die hard Mario Party players. We've been waiting for Mario Party 8 for months and pre-ordered the game. We were told march 5, 2007 was the release date. No such luck. I understand things happen and rarely do things go as planned but Nintendo's lack of information is making me want to go buy a Sony 3 and find other games to waste our time on. "To be determined" is not very relevant when Amazon.com says the release date is June of 2007.
Part of our frustration stems from, at first not being able to buy accessories and very few games for the system. I think Nintendo should treat their customers with more respect. We are, after all, the people that keep them in business.
amazon and stores always make up their own release dates, those arnt nintendos. Best buy lists all the unreleased games as the same release date,

Nintendo is always like this lol. It's a clam when it comes to new info, always keeping secrets.

Benteder said:
My wife and I are die hard Mario Party players. We've been waiting for Mario Party 8 for months and pre-ordered the game. We were told march 5, 2007 was the release date. No such luck. I understand things happen and rarely do things go as planned but Nintendo's lack of information is making me want to go buy a Sony 3 and find other games to waste our time on. "To be determined" is not very relevant when Amazon.com says the release date is June of 2007. Part of our frustration stems from, at first not being able to buy accessories and very few games for the system. I think Nintendo should treat their customers with more respect. We are, after all, the people that keep them in business.

I agree completely. I like Nintendo and I'll support them as long as possible but this sh*t is starting to get annoying. If they truly want to win they need to make CLEAR CUT release dates and stop all this rumor talking. Its getting to be a pain in the headache. Now the ONE game that everyone was so sure about has been pushed back. Next thing you know they'll stall Blazing Angels, Prince of Persia: Rival Swords, and who knows what else. Not to mention Pokemon is supposed to be the first Online game which is fine and all. But they KNOW that we WANT an X Box Live type of Online Setup and instead they insist on using this "friend code" crap w/e it is. They need to shape up. NOT everyone on the internet is a stupid 10 year old whos parents refused to teach them reality. Most of us just want to have fun and play games with other fans.

MasterJedi2U said:
I agree completely. I like Nintendo and I'll support them as long as possible but this sh*t is starting to get annoying. If they truly want to win they need to make CLEAR CUT release dates and stop all this rumor talking. Its getting to be a pain in the headache. Now the ONE game that everyone was so sure about has been pushed back. Next thing you know they'll stall Blazing Angels, Prince of Persia: Rival Swords, and who knows what else. Not to mention Pokemon is supposed to be the first Online game which is fine and all. But they KNOW that we WANT an X Box Live type of Online Setup and instead they insist on using this "friend code" crap w/e it is. They need to shape up. NOT everyone on the internet is a stupid 10 year old whos parents refused to teach them reality. Most of us just want to have fun and play games with other fans.
LOL!(the thing that i bolded) you guys do have a point... lets go and protest in the snow!! or fly over to japan and learn japanese and protest in japanese

Although I agree that I am getting pissed I am also enjoying the anticipation and realistically I would never turn to Microsoft or Sony maybe sometime down the line but not anytime soon

LOL Mystic...you see what I'm saying? Nintendo is so much on my mind I can't even type straight anymore...this is truly sad.

thats true that friend code thing sucks u still get the gay feeling like if ur not even playin online im also expecting them to hold back the good games like ssbb because nintendo always does this i use to say go ahead nin suprise me but now itz getting old!!!! oh and they are planin to make a wii with dvd play back but watever i already have one of those things called dvd player

I agree... It's pretty unbelievabl that they can't even get one single release date right...

This is the system known the Mario and he gets further and further away. Most people only care about SMG and SSBB - those got pushed back...
And no a game that probobly takes way less time to develope (MP:8) that cant even keep on task with that...

We currently have 1 good party game and 1 good epic single player game... That's not enough...

Benteder said:
We were told march 5, 2007 was the release date.
that doesn't mean you will get it on the 5th.....that was just the release date and you also said you pre-ordered, so i would say imagine you ordered it today (if you pre-ordered online) and wait 6-8 weeks (or whatever said time was).......but....... if you pre-ordered at a local store just do what i did, i went to gamefly.com to see when the "date released" is

Last edited:
they just have to stop holding those games back and snap out of the friend code system it sound like something a 3rd grader would make no plans on turning to 360 or ps3 ps3=too much too big and lacks games ,360=to many defective systems come on micro fix that my friend has had 3 xbox 360's in 2 weeks dat sucks to keep changing them, wii= retarded game realease dates no online wat a great console war :frown2:

I kind of like Nintendo's mysterious approach, very ninja-esque. All you have to do is add "or is it?!" to whatever date they announce.

Nintendo : "Mario Party is set to launch on March 5th...or is it?"

Then when you least expect it, Miyamoto pops out of the bushes and throws the game at you like a ninja star. Then he runs off into the sunset.

Last edited:
Well hey its Nintendo...the company full of secrets...but youll eventually get it...you know that!

Ya Mario Party 8 is the #1 reason I bought the Wii. Pushing the game back really pissed us off. I am sure Smash Bros, Metroid, and Mario will be pushed as well. Remember Nintendos slogan? Quality over Quantity. Well right now I am waiting to see both lol.

Back