Nintendo is Now Controlling The Majority Of The Developer Monolith

Monolith Soft, Is Monolith Productions, and there might be a slight chance we will see oblivion, but i know we will see F.E.A.R, and Matrix Online!!

Here is a quote from the site you gave me:

"Now a little clarification might be in order due to the fact that there is more than one development house with the name Monolith. Monolith, the American company, known as Monolith Productions, is known for F.E.A.R and The Matrix Online. The one purchased by Nintendo is known for Baten Kaitos, Xenosaga, and the upcoming Disaster: Day of Crisis for the Wii."

There are two companies one Monolith Soft, the other Monolith Productions.

I edited my previous post because it was brought to my attention that you did not assume that Oblivion was made by Monolith.

No worries... felt like I was in the twilight zone for a moment :crazy:

I'm rather excited about this news. Seeing as how Monolith Soft was formed from Square Soft developers, I can't help but assume that the Wii will be receiving some quality JRPGs. Since we're on the subject of RPG developers, I was thinking how motion controls could be incorporated into the battle system of a traditional JRPG (i.e. turn-based). I think if the battles included special moves ala The Legend of the Dragoon (PS1), where you had to time button presses to perform the action, and the Wiimote was used in a similar way as the stylus is used in Elite Beat it may work out well. In other works, special moves require either the use of specific movement and/or point'n'click. ... meh, just an idea.

CyanRussel said:
where do guys like you come with these things!

Steal it from Sony and Nintendo. :thumbsup:

Personally, I'm a fan of the turn-based system and think it impractical to incorporate motion controls into every action. So having motion controls just for the special moves seems like a happy medium.

They may even include motion controls for magical attacks. I.E. Drawing a lighting bolt over an enemy causes a lightning attack, a line under the enemy causes an earthquake attack, a circle around the enemy for a gravity attack, etc. Who knows what they'll come up with. But I'd prefer no motion controls over poorly implemented ones in JRPGs.

Anyone have any other ideas?

Back