Nintendo Is Unstoppable

Walugi said:
i would **** my pants daily for gears on wii.

The wii is a very capable console, as Metroid has proven, but the Wii has no where near the power to handle that kind of game.

"Save your money from that overpriced piece of junk, the Playstation 3 (which happens to be selling worse than the GameCube was at this time five years ago)" ...THATS something I never knew, and something that publishers should definately be taking notice of. I'd only consider a PS3 for GT5 and GTA5, and I cant see why games like Gran Turismo and GTA5 couldnt be done on Wii (with lower graphics of course) anyway, its just got to be up to the publishers to make them over for Wii.
I will admit that ATM, apart from MOH:H2, Wii is pretty much a casual gamer's console, but it really doesnt bother me.

Deanis said:
"Save your money from that overpriced piece of junk, the Playstation 3 (which happens to be selling worse than the GameCube was at this time five years ago)" ...THATS something I never knew, and something that publishers should definately be taking notice of. I'd only consider a PS3 for GT5 and GTA5, and I cant see why games like Gran Turismo and GTA5 couldnt be done on Wii (with lower graphics of course) anyway, its just got to be up to the publishers to make them over for Wii.
I will admit that ATM, apart from MOH:H2, Wii is pretty much a casual gamer's console, but it really doesnt bother me.

Its been out for a year and has no games. Its only now just starting to pick up with games like Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank (which is A LOT of fun), Haze, Unreal Tournament III.

Most of the games it released this year were new IP's, Ratchet and Clank was the first game in Sony's back catalog to be release and guess what ... its a very good game.

Sony has A LOT of exclusive coming in 2008, and its sales will of course go through the roof. Just watch what might happen in March ... what does Sony do in March ... Announce Price drops ... what would that make the PS3 ... 299.

What happens right after this Price drop ... MGS4. The one-two punch putting the Playstation back on top.

chwisch87 said:
Its been out for a year and has no games.
Sony has A LOT of exclusive coming in 2008, and its sales will of course go through the roof. Just watch what might happen in March ...

Sooo, let me get this right. You are giving the PS3 a handicap because it has only been out a year. Okay. But the Wii has only been out a year and has outsold the Xbox, which has been out for 2 years. How long do you think it takes to write a game? Why don't we wait until April and see what all of those gaming houses have done for the Wii?

The Wii console sales have not dropped. XBox 360 and PS3 sales blipped twice. Microsoft released it's biggest selling game for the 306, blip. PS3 lowers the price of their money losing console again, blip. Wii keeps chugging along and selling out supply.

What is this obsession with the theory that big money games move consoles? Wii has proven that consoles move consoles. The PS3 will never catch the Wii. It is simple math. The XBox and 360 demographic is 14-30 year old males. It is a limited demographic. The Wii's demographic is 7 - 75 year old males and females, it is an unlimited demographic. While the 360 and PS3 are fishing in the same puddle three blocks down from the harbor, the Wii is fishing in the ocean for it's customers.

Real Life example :
My older brother (39) and my eldest sister (45) both bought the Wii after playing the Wii that I own. Since then, 5 families that my brother knows have bought the Wii after playing at my brother's house. My sister bought the Wii for her daugther (23). My parents (over 60), my brother, my sister, and my nieces (6, 15, 23) just spent Thanksgiving week playing Rayman Rabbids 2, Mario Olympics, Tiger Woods 08, plus a few other games. Yep, casual gamers buying more than just the Wii console.

Do you get it? Nintendo hit on a gold mine with the DS when they realized that older people were playing Brain Age. They took that knowledge and built a console for everyone.

Oh, and since Nintendo made $1 billion in profit already this year off of the Wii, I think they will keep to the winning strategy. Instead of selling consoles at a loss like Microsoft and Sony.

chwisch87 said:
Its been out for a year and has no games. Its only now just starting to pick up with games like Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank (which is A LOT of fun), Haze, Unreal Tournament III.

Most of the games it released this year were new IP's, Ratchet and Clank was the first game in Sony's back catalog to be release and guess what ... its a very good game.

Sony has A LOT of exclusive coming in 2008, and its sales will of course go through the roof. Just watch what might happen in March ... what does Sony do in March ... Announce Price drops ... what would that make the PS3 ... 299.

What happens right after this Price drop ... MGS4. The one-two punch putting the Playstation back on top.

Sony has a lot of exclusives in 2008?
Alright, but again your just stating opinion saying their sales will go through the roof in 08, because of a game and a price cut.

Wii has exclusives as well.
Wii Fit, Mario Kart, Brawl, Animal Crossing, New StarFox, Disaster and other games are sure to be hits.

Also expect New Wii's in the form of colors and other things, which says they have a lot of consoles hitting stores, showing that they worked on their supply issue. So Sony doesn't have a cake walk on their hands like you seem to think there.

But I am not going to go out of my way and make bold remarks about the Wii winning it in 2008. Like others have said though, this will be the deciding year pretty much, in terms of who wins the race.

nice article...and ubsolutely agree with it.....nintendo will rule in christmas sales.....escpecially in europe where there are less shortages...

too bad the wii hardware shortages in japan cause ps3 sales to rise... :(
that's the only problem for now......

Ok here is the reason why Konami is still debating MGS4 on the 360. This is Hideo's last MGS game. They'll have to port without him.

MGS2 was ported to multiple systems, MGS1 was even remade for the GC. History dictates that even if Hideo doesn't work on the port, a port will be made regardless. Sony probably paid Konami to keep their mouth closed.

MGS4 won't make Konami tons of money. They faced a similar problem with MGS3 and had cleverly made a MGS3 Online game to boost sales (Which worked). Despite all the hype, MGS3 only sold a few million copies total. That was with a ratio of over 90 million PS2 owners at the time. MGS4 will be lucky to sell over 1 million copies on the PS3 given the ratio. Include the new budget being far higher than MGS3 and you are looking at a game that won't sell enough copies. The result? Either they get Sony to front the financial loss, or they port. Every year the game gets delayed it costs them millions of dollars in work hours.

good article.

I don't think a lot 3rd parties will ever take the Wii seriously though, it's unfortunate, the Wii could have been the best invention since TV if if it had more good quality non-Nintendo games.

Still a great system though.

LoganSix said:
Sooo, let me get this right. You are giving the PS3 a handicap because it has only been out a year. Okay. But the Wii has only been out a year and has outsold the Xbox, which has been out for 2 years. How long do you think it takes to write a game? Why don't we wait until April and see what all of those gaming houses have done for the Wii?

The Wii console sales have not dropped. XBox 360 and PS3 sales blipped twice. Microsoft released it's biggest selling game for the 306, blip. PS3 lowers the price of their money losing console again, blip. Wii keeps chugging along and selling out supply.

What is this obsession with the theory that big money games move consoles? Wii has proven that consoles move consoles. The PS3 will never catch the Wii. It is simple math. The XBox and 360 demographic is 14-30 year old males. It is a limited demographic. The Wii's demographic is 7 - 75 year old males and females, it is an unlimited demographic. While the 360 and PS3 are fishing in the same puddle three blocks down from the harbor, the Wii is fishing in the ocean for it's customers.

Real Life example :
My older brother (39) and my eldest sister (45) both bought the Wii after playing the Wii that I own. Since then, 5 families that my brother knows have bought the Wii after playing at my brother's house. My sister bought the Wii for her daugther (23). My parents (over 60), my brother, my sister, and my nieces (6, 15, 23) just spent Thanksgiving week playing Rayman Rabbids 2, Mario Olympics, Tiger Woods 08, plus a few other games. Yep, casual gamers buying more than just the Wii console.

Do you get it? Nintendo hit on a gold mine with the DS when they realized that older people were playing Brain Age. They took that knowledge and built a console for everyone.

Oh, and since Nintendo made $1 billion in profit already this year off of the Wii, I think they will keep to the winning strategy. Instead of selling consoles at a loss like Microsoft and Sony.

Amen brother, best argument I've heard in a while. I'll stil admit for the hardcore gamers which I can be sometimes, I'd still prefer PC/XBox360 (they have the same games, I own PC), but Wii is the best go to system ever, and the best for when mates are over to play.

BigORhyme said:
It's still a bit early to call it for any of the systems.

Exactly. All i'm saying is that Nintendo doesn't have this in the bag yet. Its been out for only a year. Sure, with proper supply, it could have sold easily 20 million units this year. I'm still not sure if it can keep up its momentum but well see.

The end of 2008 will be very telling to see where the consoles are going to go i think.

Deanis said:

I don't understand why its a junk. It is a good system and its improving. I hate when people hate on a console because of sales and/or fanboyism.

chwisch87 said:
Exactly. All i'm saying is that Nintendo doesn't have this in the bag yet. Its been out for only a year. Sure, with proper supply, it could have sold easily 20 million units this year. I'm still not sure if it can keep up its momentum but well see.

The end of 2008 will be very telling to see where the consoles are going to go i think.

Yes that will be the case, like many others including myself have mentioned.

Back