Nintendo Launch Events!

maxkhoward

Wii will rock you
Sep 13, 2006
England
I would have posted this in "News" but obviously I can't. Anyway turns out Nintendo is planning some launch events across America. Here's a quote.

Nintendo has announced plans to hold launch events in several locations in the US for their upcoming Wii console which will start selling to stores on Nov. 19.

Toys "R" Us Times Square in Manhattan and GameStop at Universal CityWalk in Los Angeles will host official Nintendo midnight launch events to satiate rabid fans who can't wait to get their hands on Wii. The events will feature live music and entertainment, fun, games, special guests from Nintendo -- and a countdown to the moment that will change the way video games are played forever. Other retailers nationwide are expected to hold their own midnight launch events, so consumers should check with their local retail stores that sell video games.

You lucky Americans

Last edited:
not all americans live in those cities or even close.... the stores here (South Carolina) won't even open till 1:30 in the afternoon on sunday because of blue laws (laws made by rednecks holding on too tightly too their bible)

Last edited:
I appreciate this. I was not implying that everyone on this forum lives in these cities or indeed anyone from here does, it is however good to see Nintendo trying to put on a real show for fans.

I'm in Nebraska and in no way do I have the budget for a trip that short notice. I'm just hoping for gamestop to open early.

Back