Nintendo need to start focusing on online play.

ottoman

Banned
Dec 2, 2006
London
Wii Online Code
1156-6661-4692-6561
Online play soon. The first games to be online are the likes of Pokemon and Mario strikers charged! Pokemon and Mario strikers Charged? This is how we are supposed to be introuduced to online play...with pokemon.

Could you imagine Mortal Kombat Armageddon online for wii? That would have been amazing, a great way to start off the online playing system. Much more exciting, and probably more appealing.

Wario ware online? Very nice, id love that, it would definatley be good for parties and such, and it would keep you entertained for ages, knowing some chinese guy it trying to pump up a big red balloon, while you laugh!

Godfather, With some clan wars...maybe you could have a small crew of friends, and fight against others online? i wouldnt ever leave my wii...i LOVE godfather.

Heatseeker, now this would be great having a dog fight with a friend online, both of you trying to gun eachother down, while spiralling and diving to get away, pure excitement.

All the above AND more would be perfect for online play, however nintendo decided to go with games like pokemon, that only around a quarter of their audience would buy. why nintendo? Why deprive us of such joy...just give us a good online game!

It would be nice to have more online games, but we have to live what we have right now. Pokemon isn't that bad, with DS + Wii Functionality=awesomeness. But i'm sure a lot of us are waiting for that SSBB we've been waiting for 6 years.

~Rival

Yeah online play right now would be nice right now. Also they need to be focusing on keeping the said release date.

Pokemon is a pretty big franchise for Nintendo. Like, really, really big. It will sell very well and bring the masses to Wii online play.

RivalDestiny said:
It would be nice to have more online games, but we have to live what we have right now. Pokemon isn't that bad, with DS + Wii Functionality=awesomeness. But i'm sure a lot of us are waiting for that SSBB we've been waiting for 6 years.

~Rival

SSBB should be great...but if your talking to your friend who is an xbox fan and he tells you about his gears of war game last night, and then asks you about yours, you have to tell him you played SSBB, resulting in alot of laughing...i would rather be able to say, "i beat some guy up in Godfather or i destroyed some bastards on mortal kombat" or something like that, you know what i mean?

yeah i feel ya lol. Maybe if they can put No More Heroes online. Along with my war games like medal of honor. It would be awesome.

I agree, completely.
The decision to eliminate 3rd party online was a really bad one at that.
Whatever Nintendo thinks they're doing with the exclusivity to their own systems online is retarded.

Well, Metroid MAY have online. I know Battalion Wars does. Just think of it as Pokemon and Mario Strikers as guinea pigs. Nintendo wish to test it's online out, but it's best not to do that with some serious big hitters.

I'm hoping to see more 3rd party titles going online as well. Pity online couldn't have been incorporated into Armageddon (aparently "too late in the development cycle"). I would prefer a little delay to implement it. I wonder how long it would take it implement online into a game?...

i dont think it would take a long time, i mean they ont realy have to add anything to the actual game, thy just have to make it so different wii's can play in one game, against eachother. id say it would take around a month to do.

(But then again im no expert)

Are you a game developer? I'm guessing the answer is no. Neither am I by the way. But games by themselves have ALWAYS taken a while to get made, completed, and shipped. The whole process for some of the bigger ones can be 2 to 3 years. Adding online isn't some simple process either. I'm sure there are layers of complexity that you or I will never understand so I'm not at all bothered by the fact that Online wasn't available at Launch. I just hope that what Nintendo releases is a very polished and nearly flawless product that all users can enjoy without the annoyance of Friend Codes (which looks like it might be a part of Online).

With regards to games being online I think Nintendo wants to make sure that its system does well with its own games before allowing random people to tweak with the system. Once they have all the ins and outs figured out then they have a set formula to present to 3rd Parties. And I think Pokemon was excellent choice for the 1st game to be online. They know a million children and a lot of adults still play Pokemon. Whether they just got into now or were part of the "Pokemon Craze" last decade (I know I was). The only problem though is that the game itself is not stellar

Back