Nintendo Needs to do something about friend codes

markmanuel18

WiiChat Member
Apr 9, 2007
I heard that individual onlinegames will also have their own friend codes different from the regular wii friend codes. I know they are trying to make online play safe for teh kiddies but they should make it optional or something like some kind of parental lock.

there are a million threads discussing this topic,therenot gonnachange it cuz itll be too much effort,just accept it and get over it

They need to drop the one for the individual games and maybe keep the one for the wii hard drives

ok that i agree with but has it accully been confirmed that games will have individual friend codes or is it just another one of those panniced rumors

hope they fix it for metroid prime 3 that's the wii game i want the most that and Mario kart wii

yeah i cant wait for metriod, too bad it got pushed back aye

I'm guessing they will release it this fall to counter Halo and MGS4

This whole online paranoia by Nintendo is just infuriating. They make it all-but impossible to work with your friends on this stuff.

I thought friend codes were meant to be unique identifier for all games, like Gamertags on the Xbox 360? So I don't understand why Ninty feels the need to force more bloody friend codes on us for each individual game. Don't Nintendo want us to play with our friends online?

Come to think of it, judging by the lacklustre line-up of online games for the Wii (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Wii_Wi-Fi_Connection_games), they probably don't.

if u already have a friends wii code u can message ur friend ur game codes for online games

and if u want more friends game codes there can b threads for that just like theres threads for sharing wii codes

thats what i think i could b wrong we will see when it happens

I just want a Lobby with User Names...is that so hard to create? And of course parents can set it up so their little kids can only play with friends on their Friends List (although I think thats lame). My 10 year old brother is smart enough to know what NOT to do on the Internet. Although I do understand the use of foul language might be an issue in some cases.

Back