Nintendo not GREEN!!

blume9370

WiiChat Member
Oct 20, 2007
It seems that Nintendo has been rated dead last on the “Green” list of electronics makers by Greenpeace for simply failing to provide ample information about its recycling methods as well as its use of PVC.

Switched brings up a good point calling out Greenpeace that the Wii doesn’t use nearly the amount of power of it’s competitor Sony’s Playstation 3 or even Microsoft’s XBox 360.

We here at Switched find this ordering somewhat confusing. Sony’s console, the PlayStation 3, is by far the most power hungry of the three, drawing 200-plus watts of electricity when playing games. Microsoft’s Xbox 360 averages a somewhat more efficient 145 watts, while Nintendo’s Wii uses just 15-20 watts, which is less than 10-percent of the power of Sony’s machine! Yet Nintendo is ranked as the worst electronics maker on the planet? We think Greenpeace should care a little more about the pollution caused by power generation.

Given my limited knowledge about Greenpeace’s evaluation system, I’m going to have to agree with Switched. It seems a little harsh to let the gray area around Nintendo’s recycling habits push them to the very bottom when the PVC issue is present with other companies as well.

it sounds to me like maybe someone paid Greenpeace because maybe they are a little jealous of the wii's great selling ability...just a thought

Yea, ok nobody paid greenpeace, why is it that whenever something bad happens someone will say they got bribed

ok then y is it the wii uses so much less energy and gets dead last? the pvc issue is present with the other companies also

ok, who the hell cares? im not an environmentalist, im a gamer, idc if they dump nuclear waste into the damn rainforest, im gonna buy their product if its good. lol

nintendo not being "green" is no reason to stay away from their products.

wow, i'm glad i saved my mommy and daddy money on that electricity bill lol

THIS IS REALLY PISSING ME OFF...

I am totally with Blume on this... I don't think Nintendo should be persecuted for not providing enough information. Not only should they not judge Nintendo solely on their ability to recycle and lessen harmful products,they should also be counting how power consumption effects the enviroment... B*stards

whoah hold up cowboy, who cares, like senses said, im not a environmentalist either no one cares that this is hapening i actualy dont give a crap that we came last in sum cruddy green list..

I just don't feel that Greenpeace should be putting down a company without actually finding the real facts.

Greenpeace has no power and barely any public influence... its just a bunch of hippies that dont want to get real jobs.... i know ive hung out with them cool people just some really wacko...

why would nintendo care what an organization thinks that has no infuence in if they can or cannot make the machines? if it was from OSHA or Enviromental Control office that had some importance at all then maybe it would matter...

Greenpeace is just so up everyones butt they dont even pay attention anymore if they are right or not.
they just blame everyone for everything and hope it helps fix the problem...lol

They are the nats of the corporate world, nintendo has better things to do then jump through hoops and provide them with every bit of info they ask for...
Accussing because of lack of proof is just stupid and lazy... sure maybe they dont deserve a gold star for not giving the info but to blacklist them for not giving info, and having no proof at all of wrong doing just saying its so because your not sure...

Thats why i threw out my Hemp jeans i knew they were making me to parinoid... ha ha

Last edited:
Arch0n said:
THIS IS REALLY PISSING ME OFF...

I am totally with Blume on this... I don't think Nintendo should be persecuted for not providing enough information. Not only should they not judge Nintendo solely on their ability to recycle and lessen harmful products,they should also be counting how power consumption effects the enviroment... B*stards

AHAHAHAHA

Damn nerds...

Arch0n said:
I just don't feel that Greenpeace should be putting down a company without actually finding the real facts.

HAHAHAH i just have to point this out, THE REAL FACTS ARE THE SAME THIS facts a real and real is real, the real facts, ur sayin the same thing twice, sorry for the off topicness but i had to point it out,

now for ontopic, no one cares about greenpeice they can suck my balls,

Meh, I wonder how much energy they used conducting this "research" and publishing it?

Besides, it's not like people are planning to get rid of their Nintendo products anytime soon, tells you a lot about the competition ;)

Back