Nintendo of Australia interview

i0n

:eek:
Apr 30, 2006
UK
In a recent intervew with CNET, NoA spokesman Vispi Bhopti covered many topics about the upcoming Wii.

"We will be guaranteeing pre-ordered stock at retail - so that's definitely the way to go to secure it because we can't guarantee total supply because we don't know how many consumers are going to go wild over this," Bhopti said. "We are bringing in a significant number of Wiis into Australia - it won't be a small drop. But at the same time, our expectations are so big for this product that we would, to err on the safe side, recommend that people pre-order."

Sorry to say but any Australians planning on stocking up on U.S imports will have to think again, Bhopti said "You won't be able to play overseas games on an Australian unit."

This pretty much confirms the Wii will be region locked.

You can read the full article here:
http://www.cnet.com.au/games/wii/0,239036428,339271284,00.htm?feed=rss

Yeah this sucks for us Aussies but yeah kinda expected always wondered about bolting down the wii-mote (playing stands)

This could just be a ploy to scare people into pre ordering and guaranteeing they buy the Wii, I think Australia would only need about 10-20,000 units on launch as we only have a population of 20 million and most of them are over 50 or have an XBOX 360 or are gunna wait for the PS3 . We are just a small drop in the ocean compared to the US and European markets .

What is the difference between US, Jap and EU Wii? I live in the UK but would rather get a US or Jap machine as EU is always slow on games and some jap games never made it to the west.

im getting mine tommorow finally i cant w8 im getting the legend of zelda nd can someone tell me wats another good game p.s if the smash bros is out thats the second game

Back