Nintendo Online Policy Sucks!

BrandonMcAuslan

Special Olympics Medalist
Nov 21, 2006
Wii Online Code
1234-1234-1234-1234
What is the deal with nintendo not allowing online play functions for their third party titles!!?

MK armageddon would be awesome with online play.
SSX Blur also.

But no... F***ing "Pokemon" has to be the first online title because its a NINTENDO title.

The wii can access the internet pretty well (my Opera connection is fast/good anyway) - So why can't we bloody play our games online?!

Get with it Nintendo. Yeah the remote is fun - but I don't want to wait an entire year to have full online support.! I'm envying my 360 friends right now.

I mean even the DS has online play? what gives...?

March isn't that long to wait, I'd rather they get the service right, rather than get it up and running faster.

It would be nice if they could release updates for games to enable them to go online (such as CoD 3). But it wouldn't really work unless they released some sort of Online Games Channel.

Honestly, I think has a right to complain about this - and I complain about it too.

Nintendo simply NEEDS online gaming... and the online is not looking very good at the moment. Nintendo needs to stop being so quiet about their games and online and give us some solid information on games that will have online and games that won't.

If MP doesn't have online multiplayer that will be a huge blow for me. Same goes for SSBB.

Online gaming has been Nintendo's weakness for many years now. Ever since Nintendo shifted past X-band on the SNES to the N64 they haven't recovered that online glory. Nintendo has made some of the best multi player games ever. A market on non MMO, non FPS games that is begging to be unleashed. Let's see if they can deliver.

YES, Ill take as much cheese as you guys want to give me.

I sit here playing my old online PC games, because online play blows AI away. Meanwhile, my expensive pile of toys lies there until a friend comes over and wants to see the new toy. I am getting pissed too.

They shove the online play and Wiiconnect 24 up your ass in all these ads. Thats how they are selling the machine. They advertise that this is a sophisticated machine of the future that will take us away from our computers and glue our families back to the TV now.

Wiiconnect 24 is cool. Once a year, a blue light shows up on your wii, and then, after navigating a series of menus, you get an email telling you that your Mii has just reached his highest ever score in bowling.

You guys know the rest. Online gaming is not a new technology. Hurry the F*** up already.

All of those Japanese business men are in Las Vegas, spending all the money I spent on **** like "Ice Climber" and "Donkey Kong Math" trying to emulate the online gaming experience. Or buying Fzero and contra 50 times in my life (see my other posts).

Last edited:
online play would be nice,but hopefully when it comes out in march it will be so great everyone forgets it took 5 months for it to start up.well thats what im hoping anyway.

BrandonMcAuslan said:
What is the deal with nintendo not allowing online play functions for their third party titles!!?

Third party titles ARE allowed to use the online functionality. There are just none available yet.

BrandonMcAuslan said:
It's not that they're not allowing them to, it's that the online stuff wasn't ready for launch.

MK armageddon would be awesome with online play.
SSX Blur also.
I completely agree, but I still think they could add online later as a download.

But no... F***ing "Pokemon" has to be the first online title because its a NINTENDO title.
So you're complaining that a Nintendo game is the first game to use Nintendo's online service? Wouldn't that be logical?

The wii can access the internet pretty well (my Opera connection is fast/good anyway) - So why can't we bloody play our games online?!
Opera for the Wii is still in it's beta form. The full download will be coming in March (I think), so it makes sense that it'll also be around the time where the newly online-complete games will be online too.

Get with it Nintendo. Yeah the remote is fun - but I don't want to wait an entire year to have full online support.! I'm envying my 360 friends right now.
Meh. I wouldn't really pay a subscription fee to play online, so I'd rather wait.

I mean even the DS has online play? what gives...?
DS was out for a year before it got online gaming. At least we don't have to wait till December!

yea.. ds... but thats a handheld

Wii is a next gen system... online play shoulda been "standard equipment" back at release in November. YES. It should have. NO. Stop makin excuses. It shoulda been done already.

Hopefully tho like has been said, us having to wait longer... hopefully it'll mean a thought out awesome online experience that BrandonMcAuslan can shove in his 360 friends faces and throw back a few n sing some good ol bar chants for wii.

Armageddon MUST have online play. if it doesnt (at some point) then i would seriously doubt nintendos knowledge of good multi player games. yes nintendo are awesome, better than microsoft and sony, but if a game like armageddon (which is MADE for multi player purposes) doest go online...thats just plain dumb.

ottoman said:
Armageddon MUST have online play. if it doesnt (at some point) then i would seriously doubt nintendos knowledge of good multi player games. yes nintendo are awesome, better than microsoft and sony, but if a game like armageddon (which is MADE for multi player purposes) doest go online...thats just plain dumb.

MK does not have online multiplayer. They said that, at development time, Nintendo did not have the online developer libraries ready yet. Midway would have had to delay the game a lot to work in online capabilities.

lets see you do something better. Nintendo will take their time. let them. It will just turn out better for us in the end.

LyricistSoldier said:
Wii is a next gen system... online play shoulda been "standard equipment" back at release in November. YES. It should have. NO. Stop makin excuses. It shoulda been done already.
Excuses indicates that the statement is false. It was a reason as far as anyone outside of Nintendo is concerned.

I agree, online gaming should have been available from the start, but I'm thankful that they can implement it after it's release and that they didn't delay the release because of it. That would have given PS3 in US and Japan a headstart, and that's something Nintendo should not do.

give nintendo time!! you cant just expect them to draw a online game on a pice of paper and rip it out and call it good! they need tim to make a good online game!! besides, it's pokemon that's gonna be online first! pokemon is nintendo's! and online games are fun, but we woulden't just want to buy a online game then in march be board as hell of online games! so let's just wait.

Back