Nintendo Patent a Cell Phone

i0n

:eek:
Apr 30, 2006
UK
Thanks to the Google patent search feature, a Nintendo phone patent has been unearthed. Originally filed back in November 2001 the device 'A game and a mobile phone type electronic apparatus' by Nintendo has the following features:

a game CPU which executes a game related process;
a phone CPU which executes a phone related process;
a play key to play a game;
an interruption key to initiate an interruption of said game;

Patent Info: http://www.google.com/patents?vid=USPAT7069044&id=GBh4AAAAEBAJ&dq=7069044&num=100

What this has to do with the Wii im not too sure i figured it might be of interest to Nintendo fans :p

Attachments

• patents.png
    patents.png
    19.3 KB · Views: 220
  • nintendophone.jpg
    nintendophone.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 557
that would be a cool phone, that is, if nokias were still in stye
3410-silver.jpg

Last edited:
Those pics are clearly conceptual. I'm tempteted to brand this as a hoax but Nintendo makes other electronics too. A phone like that would clearly tank though. Nintendo will most likely do digital distribtion of their games with this phone. If they can have the Wii intelligently interface with the phone, then I think that they have a winner.

just a thought, but maybe this is nintendos voice chat for online games, that would be cool

If it was for you to talk while playing it would have to be a headset. I don't know much about how that works with Xbox Live but I hope Nintendo roll that out for us.

This is probably just a device for you to talk to friends in your address book but I don't understand why games are on there. Tiny screen makes it a bit pointless.

sparc said:
If it was for you to talk while playing it would have to be a headset. I don't know much about how that works with Xbox Live but I hope Nintendo roll that out for us.

This is probably just a device for you to talk to friends in your address book but I don't understand why games are on there. Tiny screen makes it a bit pointless.
still, its just a concept.

its still a step forward i dont see sony or xbox with this even no sony will probaly copy it and say they designed it

thanks ion i wonder what its final product is gonna look like

Back