Nintendo Power - To buy, or not to buy

LevesqueIsKing

An Instant Classic
Apr 4, 2007
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
Is it worth it? I had it a while back and liked it, but I wasnt into the GC as much as I am into the Wii so I just ussually flipped through the pages. I currently have a subscription to Game Informer and am very unimpressed at the amount of wii info it covers (because it is a tri-company mag).

For example, could anyone who has a subscription briefly cover the main topics of last month's issue? Are there ussually big announcements, info about big games, or is it ussually beating around the bush with unimpressive games?

EDIT: If you dont like Nintendo Power, what mag do you think is best?

Last edited:
If you want the latest news and you want it to be official. If you have bigger interests (like me) then don't subscribe.

i've gotten a free trial and i'm pretty impressed.....it covers alot of info,

Power seems cool but personaly i prefer nrevoloution (sometimes talks a load of rubbish but some times good) and gamesmaster (quite cool)

Nintendo Power always has one big story about a new game, its usually the one on the cover, and it has at least 3 good reviews on new wii games coming out, as well as good little reviews, not as much detail as the main ones but still good. It also has a list of upcoming games but I guess every mag does, and the first few pages of people writing in to them are a good read. I really like Nintendo Power magazine, I dont have a subscription I just pick up one each month, but I am seriously pondering getting one. Hope I helped you!

Use to get Nintendo Power more than 10 years ago. Thought about getting it again, but I realized you can get all of that information on the internet.

I am guessing Nintendo Power in the US is the Official Nintendo Magazine in the UK. If so, then yes, it is a great magazine.

Byuakuya said:
I am guessing Nintendo Power in the US is the Official Nintendo Magazine in the UK. If so, then yes, it is a great magazine.
It depends NP has alot of jokes in it. But its an awesome magazine for information about Nintendo. I also have a letter in the August 2006 issue. I'm called Olorin. Its the first letter on page 9.

Major Tom said:
It depends NP has alot of jokes in it. But its an awesome magazine for information about Nintendo. I also have a letter in the August 2006 issue. I'm called Olorin. Its the first letter on page 9.
Nope, its all letters from UK gamers. So yeah it probably is slightly different.

Major Tom said:
Yeah. Yours probably doesnt have as many Chuck Norris or Mr. T jokes in it either....
Yeah you got that right. But its still quite funny in its own right. They make really funny and witty comments sometimes.

Back