Nintendo Power

Desi_Wii_G said:
I think I want to subscribe to Game Informer... How much is 1 year subscriptions? I hope its not over 20$... I used to have an Xbox subscription and they used to give a free demo of a bunch of games. Is there anything like that for the Wii?
no sorry.

Desi_Wii_G said:
I think I want to subscribe to Game Informer... How much is 1 year subscriptions? I hope its not over 20$... I used to have an Xbox subscription and they used to give a free demo of a bunch of games. Is there anything like that for the Wii?

If you sign up for an EDGE card at EB games you get a 1 year subscription of Game Informer. The card is $15 and it also gets you 10% off all used stuff at EB.

vashivihan said:
how is np biased ?
Their review scores are usually comparatively higher than other multi-platform mags. This hints at a biased view favored to Nintendo, obviously.

Also, their preview sections are just print advertisements for their games. They aren't like previews in other mags that just state the facts of the game and what to expect.

Don't get me wrong, there is a lot of good stuff in NP, but previews and reviews aren't that good.

name one game that got wrong reviews. if they were biased, they would have given every ninty game score of 8 to 10 which is not the case since they gave pokemon revolution 6.5 and wario disguise for ds 6.5

vashivihan said:
name one game that got wrong reviews. if they were biased, they would have given every ninty game score of 8 to 10 which is not the case since they gave pokemon revolution 6.5 and wario disguise for ds 6.5

Well, as previously mentioned, MP3 got a perfect 10. Now, I love Metroid (it is my favorite game) but MP3 is not a perfect game. Every other mag gave it a 9 or 9.5. I'm not going to go through NP and GI and list every comparison. This is just my opinion from being a previous NP subscriber and a current GI subscriber. I simply trust GI to be more informative and less biased.

Ashwii00 said:
How many of you wiichatters are subscribed to Nintendo Power? Just curious...and if not Nintendo Power, which gaming magazine?

Personally, I have been an NP subscriber for 12 years now :crazy:

My fiance' signed me up! Thank jesus,.

RiddleN said:
Well, as previously mentioned, MP3 got a perfect 10. Now, I love Metroid (it is my favorite game) but MP3 is not a perfect game. Every other mag gave it a 9 or 9.5. I'm not going to go through NP and GI and list every comparison. This is just my opinion from being a previous NP subscriber and a current GI subscriber. I simply trust GI to be more informative and less biased.
it prolly got perfect because of controls, nice graphics and good storyline

Back