Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Nintendo Promise To Increase Wii Production

Discussion in 'Nintendo News & Rumors' started by i0n, Mar 15, 2007.

1. i0n

i0n :eek:

Nintendo have admitted they are still struggling to meet consumer demand for the Wii console. Speaking to GamesIndustry.biz Nintendo Europe's senior marketing director Laurent Fischer promised that increased production for the Wii console will soon be in effect.

"We are still struggling to deliver the right numbers of hardware to cope with demand," admitted Fischer.

"We're planning to increase the production capacity but it's not something that can be done in a couple of days. We have to be patient.

"We're delivering new units to market every week and everyone at Nintendo is working really hard to ensure it's harming the consumer as little as possible," he added.

The huge success of the Wii console and its recruiting power has to some extent caught Nintendo off guard in terms of how many units they can produce and get to consumers.

However, Fischer is confident that the demand reflects Nintendo's much publicised focus on the mainstream market, and the intention to bring new consumers into gaming.

"We're confident the strategy is working, we saw it with the DS, this is what happens when you reach an expanded audience and keep the regular gamers."

"But when you open this new door it's difficult to measure the reaction you'll get," he concluded.

Source: http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=23520

2. Bubbagump

Bubbagump Still Here

Wii Friend Code: 6805-9706-8131-1123
    6805-9706-8131-1123
    i have to admit that yes, i thought that by this time everyone who wanted a wii had a wii, or basically i thought that every store that would normaly have wiis would have a full stock, but im suprised there is still a high demand. Thanks ion for the news.

3. blogman54

blogman54 Wiifan54

I am a little surprised myself No store around my town has any in stock and when they do its sold out in about 2 days. This does sound good for me when I get mine later this year. Hopefully I can walk right into game stop and buy my Wii with no hassle. Hopefully NO BUNDLES!!!!!

4. Solard

Solard WiiChat Member

thats what i plan to do (asap that is -.-) im trying to get hold on 300$ for wii, and then find a wii. yea, there hard to find =( whenever i say they're hard to find every1 normally says they're everywher! except michigan =( i stopped trying to get one a couple of weeks ago, but im back at it (ive been spending, so i need to get back my $$) :scared: wii's are getting sold-out too fast for me... :( but i'll get one eventually :p

5. Byuakuya

Byuakuya Bleach & Heroes fan.

i am happy that the wii is so popular but at the same time i am sad that there are still people out there without wiis.

6. MasterJedi2U

MasterJedi2U Banned

Wii Friend Code: 5251-2094-6508-9892
    5251-2094-6508-9892
    Ditto...hopefully Nintendo will continue to ship them out in a timely fashion so that they meet demand. I hope people will have patience and wait for them too instead of giving up. Plus theres eBay if you're that desperate...

7. bluemooner_mcfc

bluemooner_mcfc WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 5402-8887-8528-0564
    5402-8887-8528-0564
    just to let all you guys in the u.k. know that www.amazon.co.uk have got them in stock now because i ordered one before and it will be delivered tomorrow for £179.99 inc delivery.

BM

8. Byuakuya

Byuakuya Bleach & Heroes fan.

congrats man. and thanks for the info.

9. Solard

Solard WiiChat Member

lol, thats my problem. i cant buy stuff over the internet. have to go to the store. :(

10. proadam

proadam Zelda & Metroid Fan

Well I hope this news becomes true fast. I was very excited about the wii and waited in line 9 hours on eve of launch at a BEst Buy in B.C, Canada and finally got one of the last 10 wii's remaining. However i returned it a month later for refund because it was unfortunately a defect. They could not exchange the wii due to none in stock but I did get a refund. For the last months I have been searching for my new one and I cannot put one on hold and shipments sell out within hours of stores opening. This sucks because I phone in the mornings before i go to school and they get shipments randomly meaning i cannot prepare a day where I could somehow arrange going to get one even though I have school. I really hope stores start getting multiple shipments per week and therefore will have some in stock after working/school hours. Thanks for the news though.

11. chwisch87

chwisch87 Wii-Convert

Wii Friend Code: 6294-2382-1290-6912
    6294-2382-1290-6912
    Just goes to show, Nintendo has new life.

12. 2stupid4u

2stupid4u WiiChat Member

i hope they make these changes soon...my b days coming up:)

13. proadam

proadam Zelda & Metroid Fan

Hey atleast they actually admit there is a problem they are making the effort to show the public that they want to fix it. They are making the effort to deliver the news to media about why they aren't satisfying customers and what they are going to do to improve. I haven't heard anything like this coming from the mouths of Sony CEO's regarding lack of PS3's.

14. THEMACNUT

THEMACNUT WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 3236-9379-8590-3355
    3236-9379-8590-3355
    they cant keep them in the stores here aswell, gone within a few hrs....

go nintendo

15. chwisch87

chwisch87 Wii-Convert

Wii Friend Code: 6294-2382-1290-6912
    6294-2382-1290-6912
    hell i was lucky enough to get a nunchuk yesterday.

16. killian

killian WiiChat Member

:D :i have 1

17. Mallhew

Mallhew WiiChat Member

My grandparents said they would pay for a Wii for Christmas. But they wouldn't be the ones looking for it. So, that's essentially a gift of $250 split between my sister and I.

I checked in with a Gamestop a couple of weeks ago (I live in Denver). They said they would have Wiis sometime next month. :K

18. markmanuel18

markmanuel18 WiiChat Member

This wii scarcity is pissing me off those things sell out within miniutes...I can't wait till I can walk into a store and buy one.....E.B Games and Gamestop in my area have wiis but sucky bundles with cooking Mama, and some monkey game..I have no objection to bundles but they should at least give me the chance to choose what games I want in my bundle.