Nintendo Reveal Wii Slogan

they would have to pay rights to queen for using that song etc... which would be financially stupid...

"Wii Move You" seems more liekly

It seems clever.

Wii is in the slogan, 'move you' refers to when you move about waving the wiimote everywhere

Any idea whether the slogan will vary slightly per continent, a la Europe's "Touch Me" and Am's "Touching is Good"...?

I'm guessing no one knows :p

As for whether I like it..... erm... yeah.. its good, but it wont make sense to people who
1)Don't know how to pronounce Wii. And who the funk does?*
2)Don't know the specifics of the Wii controller...

*I still hear people asking me whether I'm gunna get the "Why" or the Nit Ned Oh Double You, Eye Eye....

And I don't think those could really come across in things like newspaper or magazine ads.
For TV, though... its perfect ;)

Last edited:
ZeroG said:
Any idea whether the slogan will vary slightly per continent, a la Europe's "Touch Me" and Am's "Touching is Good"...?

I'm guessing no one knows :p

As for whether I like it..... erm... yeah.. its good, but it wont make sense to people who
1)Don't know how to pronounce Wii. And who the funk does?*
2)Don't know the specifics of the Wii controller...

*I still hear people asking me whether I'm gunna get the "Why" or the Nit Ned Oh Double You, Eye Eye....

And I don't think those could really come across in things like newspaper or magazine ads.
For TV, though... its perfect ;)
they will have to make their ads clear.

Wii Move You is a progam in UK for online, its not the slogan, it was on Go Nintendo, and don't provide us with a source that is another thread that dosent have a source.

ZeroG said:
Any idea whether the slogan will vary slightly per continent, a la Europe's "Touch Me" and Am's "Touching is Good"

"Touch Me":wtf: That sounds so wrong. "Touching is Good" does too but not as bad. When the DS first came out they used the slogan in comercials but now they don't as much or at all

DCEmu is a very good site. dont tell me what i should and shouldnt do. and it actually says it in the link i provided:

Nintendo is preparing an all-out web assault to promote its Wii console, out on 8 December, allocating a significant portion of its £10m marketing budget online.

Using the slogan 'Wii Move You', the Japanese gaming giant is set to take full advantage Sony's decision to hold the PlayStation 3 launch back until the New Year.

"We're just in the final stages of putting our media plan together for Wii, but in terms of online our spend is way more than anything we've done before,"...

Back