nintendo says "No need for new hard drive"

tdog7

Banned
Aug 5, 2007
Concord, Ca
Wii Online Code
7914-9240-2291-0710
Despite consumer requests to the contrary, Nintendo has again stated that they don't believe the Wii needs a hard drive. Nintendo of America PR manager Eric Walter stated in a recent interview that "we really don't want people storing every single game they buy on their drive,"

"When you buy a game, it's yours forever, so you can delete it, and go back and get it at any time you want. In a way, we liken it to putting music on your iPod; you listen to it for a while, and then you get tired of it, and you pull it off, and you put some new stuff on."

In regards to the size of the upcoming original Wii Ware games, Walter said "A lot of the games for WiiWare that have been submitted so far are smaller in size, so they're not gonna take up a ton of your drive,"

Rumors began earlier this year that Nintendo was planning to announce a hard drive at E3, but Nintendo continues to deny any future plans to make or distribute a hard drive, even despite the addition of the larger NeoGeo titles to the Virtual Console.

Sure that's the ideal use of the iPod, but the only time anyone takes something off it is if it's full and it never is, but since apple knows no one takes the time to eliminate songs they no longer listen to so they allow you to put almost every song you know one it like Wii should at least have the capacity to hold 100 WiiWare games/updates

Every day I find Nintendo to be less and less the 'family-console'.. I'd rather play with a ps3 that has infinite save slots, a HARD DRIVE, and less problems.

No it won't work. I may make new data on the console, and have my data on SD. But then i can't move that data. I can't move it to the SD because SD already has data on it. I can't move SD to wii because wii already has data on it. Just to play I need at least two SD cards. That will give me 6 slots. TWO memory cards just to get 3 more slots.

Sshado said:
No it won't work. I may make new data on the console, and have my data on SD. But then i can't move that data. I can't move it to the SD because SD already has data on it. I can't move SD to wii because wii already has data on it. Just to play I need at least two SD cards. That will give me 6 slots. TWO memory cards just to get 3 more slots.
oh i see, you can get SD cards really cheap on ebay, + I suppose you don't need a big one.

Yea I can go spend more money, after buying their 70$ controller set (nunchuck + wiimote) and have all this crazy SD card crap.. (3 SD cards just for 8 people to play) and have to spend time figuring out who's is who's.. I have to transfer data before and after I play. I have to worry that someone isn't going to OVERwrite my data.. ETC..

Sshado said:
Yea I can go spend more money, after buying their 70$ controller set (nunchuck + wiimote) and have all this crazy SD card crap.. (3 SD cards just for 8 people to play) and have to spend time figuring out who's is who's.. I have to transfer data before and after I play. I have to worry that someone isn't going to OVERwrite my data.. ETC..
ya this generation of consoles is expensive. . . and quite flawed. Good graphics though. :yesnod:

games need like Inftin save slot the wii needs a drive . and i have a 512 card in my wii and its biger with all of my games and saves and the wii meroiers is so friging small

i think i know why nintendo wants people to visit wii shop channel to just download their games back...

ITS JUST BECAUSE THEY WANT TO ADVERTISE THEIR NEW VC GAMES THAT WEEK!

So people can see what new things wii shop got.

Back