nintendo stars codes..er..things..

backudog

WiiChat Member
Feb 2, 2008
Riddle me this, why can't i enter more than one code for a game or system?
At xmas i bought my nephew links crossbow training and he let me have the points code wotsit along with his wii play points code,which i typed on nintendos site, but now im in the process of getting myself a wii and have bought said games for myself but it won't let me enter the codes again coz i've already registered those games, that seems a bit daft to me as surely i should be entitled to the codes as i have bought the games twice(well the link one anyway), they've had me money now i want me codes, im saving 'em up for vc points dangit!
Riddle me this also, how many points do you need to convert to vc points, as i can't get on that bit of the site as i haven't got a wii yet.(and you need one registered or something,yes?)

Why would they let you enter multiple codes for the same game? Otherwise someone would just get together with a friend and go nuts :lol:

Obviously you can only use each code once, but i've bought the same game (but different copies) twice now so why can't i use the second code just coz i used the one i got with the first game bought? i don't mean using someone elses code that they've already used, but seperate different unused codes.
its a moot point now anyway as i just logged in using a different email/ login name and will use any duplicate codes i may get in the future with this account (not ideal but it'll have to do!).

I never said you'd be using already used ones, my whole point is that if your friend (say your brother, or a friend) has for example, Super Mario Galaxy, and then you buy it. If your friend or brother doesn't care to register their game, you would register both codes (which is what you're trying to do). This is highly Nintendo's loss if they allowed this because a lot of people don't care to register their things and would give it to a friend.

Why do they care? These allow for free benefits on their site and console. If they allowed small work-arounds like this then they'd lose more money.

Back