nintendo stars for wii points when?

nlindenj

WiiChat Member
Dec 17, 2006
i heard that UK nintendo are going to start exchanging stars for wii points, is there any indication of when this is happening (nothing on the website)

cheers in advance for any info

I shall explain.

Packaged with most Nintendo branded games and consoles in Europe comes a little card, where you scratch off to reveal a code. This code can be entered in your Nintendo VIP account on the website and gives you star points. A DS game might give you 250 points, whilst a DS lite would give you 500.

In turn, these points can be exchanged for prizes in the "Stars Catalogue." Most of the time, the prizes are computer wallpapers, mobile phone wallpapers or mobile phone ringtones; every now and then a DS or Gamecube game will be come available though for a short period of time. They usually sell out fast.

Nintendo plan on using these star points as a way to earn Wii points. I too am waiting upon the release of this feature as I have 4690 points. I haven't spent any as I want as many Wii points as possible.

Anyone know what the exchange rate will be, will it be for ever star point you get a wii point? As ive got 6950

i want to buy wii points on my wii but i want to know how much they are like how much for 1 wii points or iff its easyer... howq much for 100 wii points... please help ?

LA33R said:
i want to buy wii points on my wii but i want to know how much they are like how much for 1 wii points or iff its easyer... howq much for 100 wii points... please help ?
£15 for 2000 points.

or $15A for 1000 points, $30A for 2000 points, $45A for 3000 points, $75A for 5000 points you dont save anything more points you get. great so now us gets wiipoints for everygame purchase and uk are going to.... great the only thing aus gets free is a wallpaper on the website, no stars, no points, jack f***** all, thanks alot nintendo you make Aus and NZ feel really special

coolg35748 said:
You people in europe have it made. A catalog with points from what you buy you add them up to get cool swag. I wish the US had that stuff.

Ahh, you're forgetting that we still don't have Mario Hoops 3 on 3 and Star Fox Command on DS. You Americans get everything before us, including the Wii which we had to wait 2 weeks and 5 days more for while you were all gloating about it's greatness.

I also find that buying the Wii points on your console is cheaper than buying a points card.

Console

1000 points = 6.99

3000 points = £21.99

Card

2000 points = £15

So if you buy 1000 points twice on the console, you are getting them for a point cheaper!

Back