Nintendo usb wifi adapter question!

MysticGohan

WiiChat Member
Oct 22, 2006
pickering, Ontario Canada
Wii Online Code
2476-7789-3835-5591
i have a few questing about this product plz help me!! thx in advance

1.can i use this with like other products/pcs and not just with the DS and Wii?
2.does it work when the comp is off?

just relax, and don't double post :nono:. anyways,
1. you can use it for other things, but you'll have to hack into the files provided on it. you can find a crash course for it somewhere on the net.
2. it works if the connection you're using (DSL, Cable) is active. so if you turn off your computer, and that turns off your internet, then no. i rarely turn off my computer, so mine always works.

don't be afraid to rep, its the scales.

the nintendo version is made just to access nintendo products so yes nintendos will only support the wii/ds/ds lite unless you mess with it

if you want another wifi usb that will support say laptops,stereos,etc ontop of a wii,ps3,ds, etc.. then try the wifi max i know best buy sells it just make sure they support the systems you have.. they have like 3 or 4 different ones out each have software to work with 2 or 3 systems... like psp/ps3/DS or DS/dslite/wii ect.. im sure you could find the software to support other systems if you have them through wifimax themself

Last edited:
depends on where you are, my wiis up in my room, roughly 20 feet up, and its fine, but i usually play my ds right in front of it just in case. but its very strong, through walls, all that. once you get it working, its good.

Yeh if you can afford it get a wireless router. I have the nintendo wifi adapter and its good but a wireless router would work better and be more reliable.

My PC is on the top floor of my house my Wii will be in the basement whicks is 4 floors down any chance of that working? I highly doubt it bot I don't have $ for a wireless router

tough one your talking a good 40 to 50 feet away down... if you cant afford the router try the usb if it doesnt work just take it back... and save up for a router...

Back