Nintendo usb WIFI connector problem

Clish

PM me if you add my wii
Jan 10, 2007
Wii Online Code
8448-6260-2078-1629
Ok so I have a problem with this thing.. but first i will outline my setup

Linksys WRT54GC router with about 2 laptops running on wireless and 1 on cable... WEP on

reason why i needed to get the USB connector because for this particular router the only way to connect to Nintendo WIFI is if the WEP is off.. which i don't want to do.... so i got the USB connector.

Installed the software and drivers correctly (no error messages)

the computer i am trying to connect on is wireless.

now comes the problem

When the Nintendo Software is on, the laptop cannot connect to internet, neither can a DS connect to nintendo WIFI (But the nintendo software recognizes that there is a DS connecting - error message on the DS is 52103)

Next when I disable the nintendo software the laptop can access the internet.

check the most common problems... no ip conflicts (default for router is 192.168.2.1 and the WIFI connector is 192.168.1.1).. I also uninstalled my norton anti-virus and disabled the firewall, however the same probelm persists....

any input??/ either than calling nintendo help - already did that .. didnt help they said they will call me back later with "advance wifi services"

nor do i want to get a "better router".

Thanks guys

What type of encryption are you using that the Wii was unable to connect to? The Wii supports WEP and WPA natively with AES or TKIP preshared keys so.... Are you using 802.1x?

ciper said:
What type of encryption are you using that the Wii was unable to connect to? The Wii supports WEP and WPA natively with AES or TKIP preshared keys so.... Are you using 802.1x?
yes it is a G router.. and using WEP as stated above

The Wii should be able to connect to a G router with plain WEP. That is how I am using mine right now!

You have to use the manual configuration option to set up the wireless connection. Eventually you will see a screen that asks you to enter the WEP Key.

If you like I can find a walk through that shows the screenshots (I found one before buying my wii)

Not all ISP's work allow it to connect.

But Im sure they verified that it wasnt your ISP when you called tech support.

i have this same problem, but not for my wii, the usb connector is for my DS because my belkin wireless g router as WPA security and the DS can't connect to this...so i had to buy the USB connector so i could play my DS games online....can anyone help figure out how i can fix this problem???

i have this same problem, but not for my wii, the usb connector is for my DS because my belkin wireless g router as WPA security and the DS can't connect to this...so i had to buy the USB connector so i could play my DS games online....can anyone help figure out how i can fix this problem???

Oh thanks, anyway i figured it out ( and ur righ littlejoker)...All i had to do is give a direct connection to my laptop from my bt modem and miss out my wireless router..simple:wink:

Anyone of you used it on a MAC computer?

Friend of mine has a MAC computer and no wireless at home. We are wondering if it works on a MAC

I think he read somewhere that it doesnt work?

Back