Nintendo USB WIFi 'usb device has malfunctioned' - please help!

Hibby_Paul

WiiChat Member
Feb 27, 2007
Hi guys

I have the Nintendo USB wifi device. Was able to connect to the Wii first time I tried using this on thursday night. Then yesterday evening it just wouldnt connect.

Today after some trial and error the light is no longer flicking on and off (green) and instead I get a message at bottom right of my PC saying:

"USB Device Not Recognized. One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and Windows doesn't recognize it."

Can anyone advise what this means??

Every time i reconnect it keeps coming up - im guessing the USB adaptor has packed in but it was working 2 days ago and now nothing! Ive also not dropped it or done anything i can think of to cause it to break.

Thanks

i had this same exact problem, when i tried to reinstall the USB adapter, it would no longer recognize it, at all. all my other USB devices worked fine in any of the usb slots i tried them in. i figured the USB adapter had malfunctioned so i sent it back to nintendo, got a refund and bought a new one, which has worked fine. i remember reading abotu this problem somewhere online , after i sent back the first one, and thier was a complicated solution to it. maybe look around google, i remember finding a lot of people with the same problem. good luck

go into control panel, then look under network devices you will see the nintendo one. Disable it and re enable it. Thats what fixed mine.

Thanks for the replies.

Dont know whats been going on but it now seems fixed!

After the USB device wasnt being recognised I tried other USB devices eg MP3 player and that didnt work either. After restarting and trying again later the devices were being recognised again!

Still couldnt get connected to the Wii but after reinstalling the wifi USB software and playing about with Wii I was back online.

A few days later and now the USB adator seems to connect my Wii online about 80& of the time. If it doesnt tends to just 'connect' at some point later that night!

'Touch wood' its fixed!

Back