Nintendo wants GTA on the Wii

Well Godfathers been getting nothing but good reviews so..not sure what you mean there...

IcedEarth81 said:
Again I say that you are crazy if you don't want GTA on your system. GTA means more sales of Wii consoles. More sales of Wii consoles means more developers interested. More developers interested means more games made. Having more games is a good thing for all of us. Whether or not you like the GTA series isn't even an issue here, it's whether or not you want the Wii to be more successful. Getting GTA = Wii being even more successful than it already is. I don't understand anyone who wants to refuse a huge 3rd party franchise like this. We want as many big franchises as we can get. Look at it this way, I'm not a fan of Final Fantasy but having that franchise on your system is a huge boost to that particular system, just ask Sony about that.

We need more posters like this. I'm getting kinda erked by the people that bash GTA comming to the Wii when it's not a game they are required to buy. Pure and simple - IT'S GOING TO DO NOTHING BUT HELP THE SYSTEM! Regardless if the people that don't like GTA buy it or not.

Here is the thing... if a popular game comes to the console it is good. If a 3rd party game becomes popular for a console that means other 3rd party game makers will be more interested in bringing their games to the console.

GTA comming to the Wii will do nothing but help the Wii in the long run. I just bought The Godfather Blackhand Edition for the Wii and I love it. Now... some people say the graphics suck balls, but on a 32 inch TV (NON-HDTV) it looks fine. (Nothing special but not horrible)

I meant:

Samus said that GTA would ruin the Wii's "reputation". I think that he meant that the Wii is "family-friendly"... but games like Godfather aren't so "family friendly", with a storyline like that, I would say it is actually worse than GTA. GTA has a very loose storyline.

Don't get me wrong, I would LOVE to see GTA on the Wii, can't wait for Godfather!! :)

Blips said:
then don't buy it when it comes out you moron.

Who says I wasn't going to to that, kiddo?

I apologize for having an opinion, I forgot you're not supposed to have those on message boards.

First of all I'm not a "kiddo", Im simply saying just because you dont want it doesnt mean it shouldn't be available for the system.

Last edited:
IcedEarth81 said:
The fact is Nintendo needs not only major support from 3rd party developers, but also major 3rd party franchises. GTA was one of the biggest franchises of last gen. GTA IV is one of the most anticipated games of the year. You'd have to be crazy to not want the series on your system.
umm halo3 is the most anticipated title of the year! and i would love to see this game on the wii... didn't get Godfather for the wii yet.... but i am planing to get it soon.

If rockstar gives Wii GTA then we will just want all their stuff but only GTA's rep could be damaged

they may...I really hope they do....even Nintendo knows how great it is!
GTA is one of the best franchises along with Zelda and Mario.....so if this does happen....Nintendo OWNS ALL!

This is cool with me, GTA can be a great addition especially for all the people who only know one word and that is kiddie. I'm sick of hearing the word it is over used.............. i wonder how that other person feel to be the odd ball in this thread lmao. Must be pretty weird huh?

hotpotato78 said:
This is cool with me, GTA can be a great addition especially for all the people who only know one word and that is kiddie. I'm sick of hearing the word it is over used.............. i wonder how that other person feel to be the odd ball in this thread lmao. Must be pretty weird huh?
I agree wit u i do get tired of all that kiddie crap on nintendo, ya kno some of that kiddie crap made it a legend like (Mario, Link, Kirby, and so on.....:rolleyes: .)

MysticGohan said:
umm halo3 is the most anticipated title of the year! and i would love to see this game on the wii... didn't get Godfather for the wii yet.... but i am planing to get it soon.

He said ONE OF THE most anticipated games. not THE most anticapated games.

Back