Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection Issues. Please Help.

Solidopc

Ocean-Wide Ultimate
Mar 3, 2008
North by North-West
Wii Online Code
1265-0668-2646-9020
I have had a wi-fo connection for a while. But havnt had a game to play online until now.

When i first got the usb thing, which is nintendo own make. It was able to register, and worked for a bit. But every now and again, it would fail in the middle of something, or just wouldnt start up at all.

Now, it never seems to work ever. And when i try to enter the wii shop channel i get an error code 209800.

It shows someone is connecting to the usb on my laptop, a little box comes up saying a user is connected, but it just wont work.

Anyone know what is going on, and how i can fix it to get a solid connection?

Also, sometimes when it fails, or just out of the blue others, it causes my whole latop to freeze, nothing will work or move, and i have to switch my laptop off to get it working again. It also makes my wii go a lillte funny for a few moments, but that has not stopped working.

What can i do with this dam usb thing? Is there a way to make it work?

Thanks for any help you can throw my way. Regards.Solid.

have your tried using the USB on a desktop?

I have the USB as well but it never worked, however when i used it on a desktop it work 100% of the time

Nintendo recommends using a wireless router instead. They don't even make the USB wi-fi adapter anymore.

OK then. Which router should i buy, that will work with all the games, all of the time?

I've heard that some dont work with some games, and some dont work at all. Which one should i get, that is proven to work with you guys? And where do i get it in the UK? and how much?

Thanks alot for the info.

I use a wi-fi adapter on my pc for internet and my Wii feeds off of that...never had a problem....I bought a usb type wi-fi unit kinda cheap at staples...plugs right into my PC usb port and generates a pretty strong signal

wireless router and Wii

Nintendo recommends using a wireless router instead. They don't even make the USB wi-fi adapter anymore.

Okay, I have a Motorola WR850G router and I'm not sure how to go about making the Wii see it and connect to it. Anything I have to do on my computer end of things?
DC in Clearwater, KS :)

Did you go into wii settings and set it up? It will ask you if you want to choose the connection or let the wii find it. Then it gives a list.

Back