Nintendo Wi-fi USB Connector Issue

NintenBeau

WiiChat Member
Jul 4, 2007
Hey everyone!

I'm new and this is the best place I could locate to ask this question, I know there are probably 1000s of threads like this, but I need help and my situation my be unique. This also doubles up for the Wii as well as the DS since it's online Wi-fi play.

Earlier I received a Nintendo W-ifi USB Connector and setting it up so far has been straightforward. However, I have instaled the program on the disc and have the Nintendo Wi-Fi icon in the bottom right hand corner of my screen. I connect up on my Mario Kart DS, I click the 'Connect to Nintendo USB Connector' icon on Mario Kart and it gives me the message about installing the software (which as mentioned, I have). I click okay and and soon enough it finds a connection. But at what seems like the last hurdle, where it initiates a connection test, does it then fail me. It starts off with a low, red connection, then quickly moves into a high green connection for a while (the bottom-right icon SAYS I'm connected when I click on it, with my name: Beau appearing and the running blue man) but then it turns red and disconnects me (with my man standing still again). I then get the error code: 52003 message and told to check the Wi-Fi website.

I have gone to the website, and checked as much of what I can and understand as possible and everything seems to be absolutely fine. Especially since for a while it actually says '1 or more users are connected' and has my little blue man icon running, but it then cuts out near the end of the test it seems. I really don't know what to do and would like someone to explain what hasn't already been suggested. I really have longed for my online access for Mario Kart DS, Wii online and the much awaited Pokémon Pearl! One thing that could have made a difference is I did play it online with my Friend on his Wireless Router. But the Wii has the same issue, but with less writing, it tries the connection test, stumbles around for ages and eventually says there's a problem.

I would really appreciate the help, especially if it came quickly. Thanks in anticipation for any useful help,

Beau

P.S. I am really sorry if this is in the wrong place, I know it's annoying when 'noobs' post welcome threads in Gamecube sections and such, but I need help and have tried everything I can. I have also e-mailed the Nintendo Europe help place and hope to get a response, but maybe one of you can shed some light knowing what it's like.

few suggestions...

1. unplug the usb connector and put it back in and try again immediately
2. you might be out of your wi fi range so try connecting closer
3. if you have a different computer try it there
4. go out and get a wireless router

hope that helps

j4nj1m3n3z said:
few suggestions...

1. unplug the usb connector and put it back in and try again immediately
2. you might be out of your wi fi range so try connecting closer
3. if you have a different computer try it there
4. go out and get a wireless router

hope that helps
Sorry but that's most of the stuff it kinda suggests but:
1) I've done that, that was one of my earlier thoughts and it failed.
2) I do, I'm in the same room and have moved the Tower so the stick faces a good direction.
3) Don't have another XP Computer.
4) That'd be a waste of money after getting this. I'd probably face other problems and we won't be getting Wireless for ages, probably never.

I may check the DHCP settings again if I can and try it manually, I think that's my only option.

NintenBeau said:
Sorry but that's most of the stuff it kinda suggests but:
1) I've done that, that was one of my earlier thoughts and it failed.
2) I do, I'm in the same room and have moved the Tower so the stick faces a good direction.
3) Don't have another XP Computer.
4) That'd be a waste of money after getting this. I'd probably face other problems and we won't be getting Wireless for ages, probably never.

I may check the DHCP settings again if I can and try it manually, I think that's my only option.

Hey, I had the same problem a couple of months ago,
and the problem could be your virsusscan ; a lot of scanners block the usb connector. You could try to switch your firewall off, or just delete your virusscan and use microsofts' own virusscan. I've done that and now it works fine.

Thanks for those tips, the scanner one is a little more unusual and so the kind of answer I was hoping for. But I've got e-mails from Nintendo Services and a friend of my dad's saying I go to Start --> Run --> type CMD then enter --> type ipconfig/all enter and then they suggest changing or disconnecting and reconnecting. But there isn't an obvious way where you can do any of that stuff. I've now uninstalled the program and am about to reinstall it, hopefully also I'll get tips about this program thing on RUN.

Also, I had checked my protection software stuff before and during installing and I made it enabled the USB's program to not get blocked and such, so I don't think it's that. I want to check the DHCP settings, but now I'm not sure how. Thanks and keep thinking, I really need some ideas in case this doesn't work either!

NintenBeau said:
Thanks for those tips, the scanner one is a little more unusual and so the kind of answer I was hoping for. But I've got e-mails from Nintendo Services and a friend of my dad's saying I go to Start --> Run --> type CMD then enter --> type ipconfig/all enter and then they suggest changing or disconnecting and reconnecting. But there isn't an obvious way where you can do any of that stuff. I've now uninstalled the program and am about to reinstall it, hopefully also I'll get tips about this program thing on RUN.

Also, I had checked my protection software stuff before and during installing and I made it enabled the USB's program to not get blocked and such, so I don't think it's that. I want to check the DHCP settings, but now I'm not sure how. Thanks and keep thinking, I really need some ideas in case this doesn't work either!

I'm afraid I'm no computer expert, but I think you'd better try to install the connector on another pc first, so you can be sure that the problem lies with your pc and not with the connector

Im with Time, that it is probably something on your computer, like he said, try to disable any anti-virus (Norton is pretty bad for disallowing things) and any third party firewalls. (Maybe even the windows firewall).

for you to see anything in ipconfig, you must get into the command prompt. Run -> cmd -> "ipconfig /all"

Thanks! I know about the IP Config thing (see earlier post), Nintendo and my Dad's Friend said do that. It seems the DHCP isn't enabling my stick, so I'm going to ping it so I can enable it. It was one of the things Nintendo said could be a problem, so I'm really hopinhg that should stop things. The problem is now that it can't connect to the server. I'm hoping this works though! Thanks for all your help!

Ah, sorry, I had misread, I thought you skipped typing in the CMD part. Disreguard my previous post :p

Just to say I've got this problem resolved now. Our internet had been a tad bad anyway, so when it crashed last weekend, after my dad fixed it, all the problems have gone. With the firewalls down, I can easily play it and I can actually have Windows' Firewall up but the Stick enabled to carry on, so that's very good.

Thanks for all your help, I look forward to possibly playing against you MKDS, Pokémon Pearl (though that'll have to wait a few weeks) and on online Wii games I shall get!

Beau

Back