Nintendo WiFi Connector

Shinji

WiiChat Member
Mar 3, 2007
A.D.2050
Wii Online Code
2830-7183-6847-5811
So I returned the Datel WifiMax and went and bought the Nintendo Wi-Fi USb Connector. Unfortunately I get Internet Sharing Applicator Error (6) when trying to install. Yes, I do have the Internet Sharing option checked. So anyone know what could be the problem?

not sure if you can use sharing on that, i have the same one now... supose to only work with nintendo products, it will hook up to any wii or DS you just have to approve access on your computer when they try to get on it...

just uncheck sharing see what happens,

I'm trying to connect it to my Wii and it says I need to have Internet Sharing on. Either way on or off I'm still getting an error. Since I'm getting an error the installation is not getting completed therefore I am unable to grant access.

so you have the drivers installed? it just wont let you install the software right?

hmm mine never asked anything about internet sharing, im sure you already uninstalled the software, messed with the internet settings and tryed it... why dont you call nintendo they have a free helpline, they probably know exactly why it does it... what OS are you using?

I'm using XP, I'll have to ask around some more and might need to call the hotline.

Well I was able to fix it somehow. I'm not sure if it was pure luck or what. If anyone else is having the same problem I might be able to help you.

I got my wifi connector installed and everything, no wireless adepter just wifi connector, but my question is, when i fire up my comp. and when fire up my wii, and go to the wii internet control panel, it sometimes connects, and sometimes doesn't. Am I doing anything wrong?

Do you mean your PC is not connecting sometimes or your Wii? If its your Wii, it might be getting a low signal from the USB.

mine connects on and off.. its always on but only connects fully when i am on wii shop or something online... if you have wii connect24 on it will pop on and off randomly..

Shinji said:
Do you mean your PC is not connecting sometimes or your Wii? If its your Wii, it might be getting a low signal from the USB.

Both

I'm not exactly sure what your problem is. When I was messing around with the usb I ended up losing internet on PC. I had to uninstall my Ethernet adapter to get it back. I fixed this problem luckily by doing something by mistake which opened up a 2nd LAN Connection. So I had three including the WiFi USB connection and luckily the installation went through. Its now back to one but I don't have any problems since the USB is already installed. My problem was installing it, I didn't have a problem connecting it.

My wii is in my living room and my iwfi connector for my computer is in my den.

Back