Nintendo wifi USB Connector

URUman

WiiChat Member
Aug 2, 2007
I do not have a wireless rouder, and have been attempting to get the internet working on my wii. In the past I have tried "Wifi Max", which ended in failure (I would definitely not recommend it. For the past year or so I have given up on getting the internet working without running a big long cord through my house.

Then recently I noticed in the internet options it mentioned under "wireless", a product called "Nintendo wifi USB Connector". Now, I did some reasearch and saw that nintendo no longer sells them, but there's a few floating around on ebay. However I could not get a good description of what exactly it is, how it works and if it's a good or bad product.

Therefore I was wondering if anyone here has this product and wouldn't mind explaining it to me. Thanks :)

Yeah the Nintendo one is worth the money as its easy to use. Only down side is that it only supports Nintendo devices

Ah, so is it the same as Wifi Max? As in, you plug it in to the USB on the computer, and it becomes a wireless wifi for the wii? Does the computer have to be on for it to work?

Yes your computer needs to be on

Awesome, thx :) Just to make sure, is it just a USB thing for the computer, or does something need to be plugged into the wii?

Just the USB thing. Nothing connects to the Wii as it already has Wifi built in.
But let your firewall allow it

Back