Nintendo wii disc slot illumination.

LA33R

WiiChat Member
Dec 28, 2006
Sunny Scunny
Wii Online Code
8727-8318-1188-6737
Firstly I think i should introduce my self.
My name is Olly, The reason i use the username LA33R is because it is naver taken. OK... To the point...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know some people are dissapointed about the blue disc slot illumination on the front of there consoles. I know i speek for myself as i was, but i got mine working. I found a website telling you how to get it to light up and this is what it tells you to do, and it actually works...

Step 1;
Proceed to your e-mail section of you wii, click on register and register some-one. After accepting at both ends send an e-mail from your wii to them.

Step 2;
Send an e-mail from the other location back to your wii, When it arrives do not open the e-mail, don't even enter the e-mail section otherwise the pulsing blue light your should now have running out of your console will switch off.

If you follow the 2 simple steps closley you should have a nice blue light out of your console in NO time at all. Beware it does take a while for e-mails to come through.

To be honest with you I think Nnintendo should make an update for the Wii that will create a wii channel so you can switch your blue LED light to... (ON/OFF/FLASH)

Don't be so mean. Welcome to the forums. A good tip is use the search button, people round here are grumpy and such. Anyway yes that thing does work well and i'm gonna do it :D

Kepa said:
What's that? ;)

search?

Well, I could be wrong, but I believe, search is an old, old wooden ship that was used during the Civil War era.

Wow....You know you don't need to yell at every single person who re-posts something....almost EVERYTHING is a repost...

welcome to wiichat!
hey the only problem with that is that when you turn the console on the light goes off :sad:

LA33R said:
Firstly I think i should introduce my self.
My name is Olly, The reason i use the username LA33R is because it is naver taken. OK... To the point...

I know some people are dissapointed about the blue disc slot illumination on the front of there consoles. I know i speek for myself as i was, but i got mine working. I found a website telling you how to get it to light up and this is what it tells you to do, and it actually works...

Step 1;
Proceed to your e-mail section of you wii, click on register and register some-one. After accepting at both ends send an e-mail from your wii to them.

Step 2;
Send an e-mail from the other location back to your wii, When it arrives do not open the e-mail, don't even enter the e-mail section otherwise the pulsing blue light your should now have running out of your console will switch off.

If you follow the 2 simple steps closley you should have a nice blue light out of your console in NO time at all. Beware it does take a while for e-mails to come through.

To be honest with you I think Nnintendo should make an update for the Wii that will create a wii channel so you can switch your blue LED light to... (ON/OFF/FLASH)

Does that require WiiConnect24? If so, is there any way to get it to illuminate without WiiConnect24? (I can't afford it right now, no wireless router)

To go back on topic: If I could change the wii I would make the blue disc slot ligt on all the time even when the console is off and I would beef up the graphics to 1080i.

you do need wii connect24 to make it work the way i have listed...

i dont know how to do it other wize without takeing it apart and modding it

Back