Nintendo Wii Faked at E3

RedSteel91

MaddenWii07
Sep 25, 2006
If you already heard about this, don't post "old" or whatever, because... that's spam. And besides, I'm sure pleanty of people haven't heard of this.
Apparently, the Wii consoles displayed besides the TVs at E3 this year weren't nothing but show. That's right, just an empty box with a light. The truth is, underneath the displays, were GameCubes running on Wii development kits. This, I believe is actually good news. Why? Because the graphics you saw at E3 were not Wii graphics. I thought they were good, but apparently they can get better. The graphics card is still in development with ATI.
Proof:

View attachment 894

View attachment 895

View attachment 896

the graphics card is not still in development with ATI becsue the wii ships in like 20 days, they cant make 4 million consoles in less than 20 days

the wii is completely finished, and was quite a while ago. You may remember that some blind american kid got the first wii on some chat show? But they obviously werent finisged by E3. Though i imagine the newer screens, like those at the mid-sept confernece were 100% Wii.

yeah i agree, the blind kid got the wii from "ellen degeneres" talk show ..... but yeah wii has been finished for a while :p

hey

How do you know it wasn't the proper Nintendo Wii CPU and GPU inside the GameCube casing?

cyas

Last edited:
Disappointed :(
They should of used xbox 360 graphics ! Haha , j/k

Probably IGN , since the logo was on the pictures.

Nintendo has already stated that what was in those "gamecubes" was the wii guts that they just didn't have enough wii casings produced at the time to use them at the E3 trade show

I don't mind them using it. They were still in development and i can understand. At least they showed us what they had so far

come on a multi billion dollar company wont make mistakes as these...

i think its fake and that somebody put the ign logo there as i havent seen this on ign

your telling me they didnt have one wii to play with??? come on peeps think?!?!?

Back