Nintendo Wii Heat

hogsbff

Hedgehog of Speed
Dec 30, 2006
Connecticut
Wii Online Code
6726-7691-0202-4325
I had a message on my Wii and my Wii was on standby, so the light was on. I figured I'd open the message tomarrow morning. So the next morning I turn the Wii on and its really hot! When the light stays on does it creat more heat in the Wii or is it because it has to get information from the internet while in standby. (The reason I metioned the internet making it heat is because I read another post that said that)

the only time my wii has gotten really hot while on standby was when i took it to my friends house and had it laying horizontaly on the carpet. it was BURNING hot but once i stood it verticaly on the table, it cooled down to just barely warm

thanks for sharing but I need an anwser to my problem.

Well if you leave WiiConnect24 on while you turn it off, the fan on the Wii turns off meaning of course its going to get hot. The reason it does is because WiiConnect24 is searching for messages ect ect.

Okay thats 50% of what I thought, if it was the light I'd never want messages!

Well when you go to bed turn off WiiConnect24, thats always what I do. Then in the morning you turn it on again.

Would it also be okay to just leave the Wii on since it wouldn't get as hot in standby with Wii Connect 24 on?

isnt the whole point of wii24connect that it is connected 24 hours a day, even when its turned off?

i havent had mine get abnormally hot at all, and i often wake up to messages on my wii

The Wii fan stops and starts as needed.

And I think the guy who laid it flat on the carpet was probably blocking the airflow to the cooling ducts because mine has been lying flat and turned on 24/7 since christmas and it just stays warm. I only ever have it on or on standby, never turn it off.

Whats the point in the 24 hour connect? When its off you can still shop/surf the web right?

Back