Nintendo Wii In Iraq Issues

XDrake

WiiChat Member
Dec 8, 2007
I brought my Nintendo Wii to Iraq with me. Here is my problem...

The internet here is like the internet at airports. I connect over Wifi and it brings me to a browser page where I put in my username and password.

Now, I want to update my Wii...

If I just have the Wii connect to the WiFi it begins to do the update, but perpetually runs and never advances. Sometimes it boots it and says it cannot connect.

If I broadcast the internet with my Nintendo Wifi USB adapter it simply won't access the internet. It is not a firewall issue... I think it is something with their router.

Yeah, I am... And in my off time, the little I get, I want to download some games. Is that a problem?

Dzapper said:
Are you in the military...If so then this should be the least of your worries.

That is quite harsh, honor the men who are over there fighting. I think it is a router issue because you are not able to download the update. Are you able to surf the net with the wii? Could you get news updates on the wii? If you can't it could be the router.

hmm..maybe in the internet settings is there a ISP setting?(im no where near my wii to find out) if there is one, there should be username and password setting..on carnival cruise lines they had wii's set up..and they had internet channel on em..but when trying to connect with my phone to wifi, it required a username and password

Dzapper said:

I can't believe you even said that.
Seriously.

Also, if it does that you can't download games. For a while I couldn't update because it would stall too.

Dzapper said:

Woah dude.. seriously.

Sorry I can't answer your question dude but there will be people here who will know I'm sure they'll answer it for yah.

Back