Nintendo Wii Launch Stories!

coolg35748

WiiChat Member
Oct 21, 2006
United States
Post all of your stories about the launch of the wii, how your wait in line was, did you or did you not get one. Did you get one after launch? If so tell about your search and capture of a wii console. My story will come soon.

well i got mine on december 3rd. got in line at Target at 6:20am and it opened at 8am, and was number 5 in line out of only 6 wii's at the store.

the manager came outside at 7am to hand out the tickets. So i got my wii after waiting an 1hour and 40 minutes.

the people in line were really nice and fun to talk to. also right before opening at 8 A LOT of people came and one guy offered people in line $100 for our ticket. so i finally got my wii last weekend and it is an awesome system!

It all started for me on December 6th, my mom was attempting to get me a Nintendo wii for my birthday. She waited outside gamestop from 7or so in the morning till the opened at 9 or 10. She waited till 12 or 1 each day for the UPS truck to run. Well on one of the UPS truck runs they dropped off some controllers so my mom bought me a nunchuck and a wimote. This continued till Friday. That was the day that the wii’s came in. She was #6 in line and gamestop got 9 of them. She bought the wii and Zelda for me. So overall for my birthday I am getting The Nintendo Wii. Extra Nunchuck And Wimote. Legend Of Zelda, and she ordered the HDTV component cables for $30 off Nintendo so overall I got a lot. Although my birthday is December 17th I am waiting till December 20th to hook it up because I have nine weeks tests and that is the day I will get to set up my new 32” HDTV. I decided to wait till then because by then the cables should be in so I can have 480p gaming. I bought with some money I saved up Red Steel And Call OF Duty 3. I am getting money from my relatives for birthday so I will prolly buy 3 or 4 more games with that money. They are all coming over for Christmas so I hope they like the setup. I will prolly get enough money to buy 5 more games for the wii if not more. So I expect to have roughly 10 wii games by the end of 2006. SO I think this is a good year.

I got mine on launch day in the US (November 19)

I went to walmart at 6:00AM on the 18th and waited until 12:00AM on the
19th! Right after I got my nintendo Wii I had a little energy to get back to my house! I wasnt allowed to eat anything or get any sleep in line because I was worried someone would take my spot! Cool thing is a guy in my line brought a laptop with South Park and Saw 3 and another one brought a gamecube with a TV! ( which made time go by much faster)

I called a friend of mine at 7 in the morning to see how many people were in line at Best Buy. Got there at 8am. Got my Wii at 9am. Pretty easy.

mine was quite boring honestly got to EB at 11.30 talked to a guy i know about it and watched some guy dressed as link muck around with the guy dressed as Ganon. and then i was 3rd in line until they decided to move the line and then i ended up being 11th.

I kind of half explained mine in another thread. But anyway, I pre-order about 6 weeks before. Start ringing up the week before asking about it. Get told I'm number 68, and they are only getting 50. So I'm really gutted, next day (the day before launch) at 10pm, I get a call saying "COME AND COLLECT YOU LUCKY GUY YOU!". So next day, my and my friend (who was number 67) are all giddy and excited on the way there, we get there and all we get are HMV workers breathing in through the teeth going "Hmmm... yeah, about that... sorry, hmmm... yeah", so I ask what the problem is and they say "Well, the delivery seems to have vanished out of thin air and they are no Wiis sorry, you'll have to wait until next week". I ring up next day asking when they are coming in and they say "They came in today, come and collect it". But all giddiness and excitement was gone, I was still happy that I got a Wii, but the 8th was supposed to be the day I got my Wii, the next day collecting just felt a little shallow. But the Wii has erased that terrible memory, oh the power of the Wii.

I live in Venezuela ( latin america ) and I knew it was not going to be easy to get a console online during launch day. So, I decided to ask one of the many people I've met in World of Warcraft. I asked one of my guild mates to go and get me a console on launch day, he said no problem ( I helped him a lot in-game, so we became really good buddies )

He called his friend that works in a TRUS to see how many they were getting, 150 he said. So he got there, did a 4 hours line, and got one. Total was $267 with taxes. He got home and messaged me "I got your wii".

I gave him my courier address in miami, he shipped it overnight. Arrived to my courier on the 21th, and I got it a week later here at home. I sent a check for $400, $267 the console, $33 the shipping and $100 as a gift for his trouble.

When he received the check, needless to say he was very surprised and happy :)

Love the wii, one fine piece of hardware :D

Back