Nintendo Wii Launch

ghost.d0wn

WiiChat Member
Oct 30, 2006
Okay, so I live in Council Bluffs, Iowa. Right across the river from Omaha, Nebraska. I've called all of my local gaming stores about the pre-order information and all of that; and they are all out. Now at the launch last year for Xbox 360 obviously everything was gone that night but the second release date for Best Buy and Sam's Club (December 17th) was almost as big as the launch at some areas. There were still 360's left over after that date. What should I expect from the launch November 19th? How soon should I get there? Thanks.

since you live in Iowa i wouldn't worry about going too early to best buy. just got around noon on the 18th and you should be able to get one. Also, i got my 360 pretty easily at a costco, and wii's are much easier to find. so, i wouldn't worry. camping out is bassically for the expierence.

NOTE: i live in iowa

nic7 said:
since you live in Iowa i wouldn't worry about going too early to best buy. just got around noon on the 18th and you should be able to get one. Also, i got my 360 pretty easily at a costco, and wii's are much easier to find. so, i wouldn't worry. camping out is bassically for the expierence.

NOTE: i live in iowa

Sweet. Where at?

pella, i went to des moines costco and im getting my wii at the oskalosa gamestop

nic7 said:
pella, i went to des moines costco and im getting my wii at the oskalosa gamestop
Never heard of Pella, but it sounds good. There are 4 stores in one area that should have the Wii. Here they are :

Sam's Club
Walmart
Best Buy
Toys R' Us.

Which one would I have a best bet at getting the Wii?

i would go best buy. i went to the costco, which is obviously alot like a sam's club, about 3 weeks after launch and i mighta timed a shipment im not sure. wal-mart is alright but my wal-mart( actually holds the title for the smallest wal-mart int he world) is really crappy and they can't always be reliable and everyone will prolly go to toys r' us

no, just toys-r us(on your list atleast), but they are prolly all gone, atleast they are in des moines

Back