Nintendo Wii mockups

i0n

:eek:
Apr 30, 2006
UK
found this thread over at gamefaqs.com , a member there has made cardboard mockups of the Wii console and the remote addons - all to scale.

He's even made a PS3 replica to give you the idea of size difference, looks damn cool to me :D

Attachments

• wiimockup_comparison1.jpg
    wiimockup_comparison1.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 315
  • wiimockup_comparison2.jpg
    wiimockup_comparison2.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 356
  • wiimockup_comparison3.jpg
    wiimockup_comparison3.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 239
  • wiimockup_comparison4.jpg
    wiimockup_comparison4.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 287
  • wiimockup_comparison5.jpg
    wiimockup_comparison5.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 250
  • wiimockup_comparison6.jpg
    wiimockup_comparison6.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 427
  • wiimockup_comparison7.jpg
    wiimockup_comparison7.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 298
  • wiimockup_comparison8.jpg
    wiimockup_comparison8.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 332
  • wiimockup_comparison9.jpg
    wiimockup_comparison9.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 280
  • wiimockup_comparison10.jpg
    wiimockup_comparison10.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 546
  • wiips3realmain.jpg
    wiips3realmain.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 283
The black one can't be cardboard cuz it has a reflection :confused:

One day im going to be the guy that gets to have the consoles (even if they are prototypes) before anyelse and take pictures and post em all over the internet to make people jealous

dwaltin said:
One day im going to be the guy that gets to have the consoles (even if they are prototypes) before anyelse and take pictures and post em all over the internet to make people jealous

hasnt that already been done though? :confused:

*upon closer inspection*
the white one is definitely fake (you can see the tape lines), but the black one I can see a power light and the side is way too smooth to be cardboard (glossy cardboard will give a wavy reflection, not a mirror-flat one like that)

Plus to point out that the black one in that picture has a disc in it, while the white one doesn't have any discs in it at all in any other pictures.

pit18 said:
Plus to point out that the black one in that picture has a disc in it, while the white one doesn't have any discs in it at all in any other pictures.
If you look closely at the disc, you will notice two things:
1: it has a greenish tint that the rest of the picture doesn't, this means that it is a blank or burned CD (Wii games will be on DVD0
2: in all the pics I've seen of real Wii's, the disc has gone in the other direction (with the label side facing towards the buttons, which I think would be upside down if you displayed the console horizontally)

***EDIT***
Thinking about that second part, is it possible that our image of the horizontal Wii has been upside down the whole time, not the disc?

Back